The Student Room Group

Inquiry about Student Finance England

Hello,

I am contacting you following the receipt of a letter from Student Finance indicating that I am not eligible for the schorlaship or maintenance loan due to an equivalent or higher qualification. However, I only hold a French baccalauréat obtained at the end of my secondary studies, which is equivalent to A-levels in England. After realising that I had misinterpreted the information requested regarding my qualifications, I sincerely apologise for this significant error. Therefore, I have provided evidence of my sole qualification, which I have also forwarded to my university. Additionally, I have included an explanatory letter with the uploaded documents, even though it was not explicitly requested, in order to receive the tuition fees for the 2024/25 academic year.

I have received an automated email confirming the receipt of the evidence. I am now wondering if I have acted correctly in doing so.

Thank you for your assistance.
Warm Regard
Original post by marleneee
Hello,
I am contacting you following the receipt of a letter from Student Finance indicating that I am not eligible for the schorlaship or maintenance loan due to an equivalent or higher qualification. However, I only hold a French baccalauréat obtained at the end of my secondary studies, which is equivalent to A-levels in England. After realising that I had misinterpreted the information requested regarding my qualifications, I sincerely apologise for this significant error. Therefore, I have provided evidence of my sole qualification, which I have also forwarded to my university. Additionally, I have included an explanatory letter with the uploaded documents, even though it was not explicitly requested, in order to receive the tuition fees for the 2024/25 academic year.
I have received an automated email confirming the receipt of the evidence. I am now wondering if I have acted correctly in doing so.
Thank you for your assistance.
Warm Regard

Hi Marlene,

Yes, it's correct to send it if you don't hold ELQ. Once received, it's currently taking 14 working day to review. Our timescales are estimates and can change daily up or down depending on how busy we are. If the team need anything else they will email you, it may go to your junk folder.

Once updated and approved, this will reflect online and then you will receive paperwork in the post.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi Marlene,
Yes, it's correct to send it if you don't hold ELQ. Once received, it's currently taking 14 working day to review. Our timescales are estimates and can change daily up or down depending on how busy we are. If the team need anything else they will email you, it may go to your junk folder.
Once updated and approved, this will reflect online and then you will receive paperwork in the post.
Thanks,
Claire
Okay, I understand, thank you very much for your help, have a nice days :smile:
Original post by marleneee
Okay, I understand, thank you very much for your help, have a nice days :smile:

You're welcome!
Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply