The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffield Accomodation

I'm currently filling the accommodation self selection form and none of the options I was hoping for have come up. The accommodation tour I saw was in the Yarncliffe block and i was hoping to choose a similar option.

Do they release rooms in blocks, i.e they'll release other rooms later?
Original post by Hmacnicol
I'm currently filling the accommodation self selection form and none of the options I was hoping for have come up. The accommodation tour I saw was in the Yarncliffe block and i was hoping to choose a similar option.
Do they release rooms in blocks, i.e they'll release other rooms later?

Hiya,

Yes, I believe accommodation does get released in blocks. If there is a particular block you are looking for, it might be easier to use the online chat service to ask if this block is still available or if it has been taken already. Alternatively you can call accommodation services at Sheffield at +44 114 222 4488.

Let me know if you have any more questions!
Jivanthika
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Hello
I'm going to spend 1 year sheffield. I want to live on campus.
Practical questions: how did you manage the sheets for the beds, did you take them in your suitcases? What is the size of a "single" bed
How did you manage all the kitchen utensils : knife, fork, glasses, plates. I couldn't take everything in my luggage:smile: Thank you for your replies
Original post by mpenard
Hello
Practical questions: how did you manage the sheets for the beds, did you take them in your suitcases? What is the size of a "single" bed
How did you manage all the kitchen utensils : knife, fork, glasses, plates. I couldn't take everything in my luggage:smile: Thank you for your replies

i believe single beds are simply that - a standard single bed, so you would buy bedding to fit a single bed. If you're an international student or something - i hear its easier to order like... kits? move in packages? instead of trying to bring everything with you, as it would be pretty hard to take stuff like a wok or saucepan and whatever space wise if you are limited luggage wise.

also btw sheffield doesnt have any on campus accom, as it is a city uni instead of a campus uni. The main complex of first year uni owned accom is endcliffe, which is about 30 mins walk from the main uni. theres also inner city uni owned accom closer to the main uni area, which is popular with international students but more isolated from the majority of the first year cohort as the majority of that is at endcliffe-ranmoor
Original post by mpenard
Hello

if you buy standard single bed sheets they will fit but I reccommend in terms of the duvet buying a double as second year it will be a double bed
Original post by mpenard
Hello

Hey,

There are plenty of places that you can buy cutlery/cooking stuff/bedding near the first accommodation and in town. I would just take some essentials for the first day or so, and you can always buy whatever you need when you get there.
A standard single bed in the UK is: 90 x 190cm or 3ft x 6ft 3in.

Evie (4th year medic at UoS)
Reply 6
How do you manage your expenses in England so that you don't have too many expenses? Have you opened an account in a bank or online? Do you use apps like Wise?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending