The Student Room Group
University of York
York

How strict is York regarding meeting conditional offers

I am currently an offer holder for the BA business management course at York. I am an international student and was wondering how strict this course is with meeting the conditions. My offer is a 6 within higher level English and a DD within BTEC business, and I have just completed the BTEC business course with a D*D*. However, my concern is with the English requirement. My results for my IB courses come out in July and if I miss my conditions and get a high 5 instead of a 6 would I immediately lose my spot or will I wait until the A-level results come back?
Reply 1
As with all questions like this .... it will depend on a) the competitiveness of the degree subject , b) everyone else's results, c) how many spaces they have left, if any, d) how far 'below offer' that Uni wants to go to fill that course, e) your grades.

Yes, they may make a decision before A level Results Day.
Or they may not.

So, its best not to overthink all of this, because all you will do is get even more worried about it.
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
As with all questions like this .... it will depend on a) the competitiveness of the degree subject , b) everyone else's results, c) how many spaces they have left, if any, d) how far 'below offer' that Uni wants to go to fill that course, e) your grades.
Yes, they may make a decision before A level Results Day.
Or they may not.
So, its best not to overthink all of this, because all you will do is get even more worried about it.

Thank you for your advice!!

Quick Reply

Latest