The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

changing a university

i'm sorry if this has all ready been posted. decided on Bolton uni now i want to change to salford. how do i do this ? do i have to ring student finance up? salford seems a better uni.
Original post by aiasally2
i'm sorry if this has all ready been posted. decided on Bolton uni now i want to change to salford. how do i do this ? do i have to ring student finance up? salford seems a better uni.

When you say you "decided", what does that mean? Does it mean that you have selected them as your firm choice in UCAS? Or does it mean that you have specified them in your student loan application as the university you'll be going to in September? Or both?

In each case, when did you take whatever action you took? If we're talking about your firm/insurance decision, and it was with the last week or two, call UCAS and ask them to make the change. If it's beyond that timeframe, you'll need to have the universities agree to the change (as by firming them, you made a commitment which you're now trying to back out of).

If we're talking about student finance only, then wait until after results day to tell them what uni you're actually going to - as you might end-up going to your insurance choice or a completely different university (via Clearing) anyway.
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Original post by aiasally2

Hello @aiasally2

It may be possible to change your option to ourselves but it would depend on a number of factors. For example what course is it you are choosing, how far in the application process are you etc.

At this stage I would recommend getting in touch with our course enquiries team via email or by giving them a call.

The email is [email protected] and the phone number is 0161 295 4545, the lines are open between 10am-4pm, Monday - Friday. The team will be able to take you through the process and explain what you will need to do next to change your option to the University of Salford.

If you have any questions about this do not hesitate to get in touch.

Best wishes,
Matt

Quick Reply