The Student Room Group

UCLAN in UK or UCC in Ireland

Hi, I have an offer from UCLAN in UK as well as from UCC in Ireland and University of Galway. Which one is the best ? I did mega comparisons such as campus, rankings, cost , alumni, clubs, global connectivity, life in Ireland vs Uk etc etc and still I am confused as its coming a tie between UCALN and UCC
What course are you studying? Primarily you should be going to the place that teaches your course the way best suited to your learning needs and that gives you the best career, prograduation, and further study prospects. UCC and Galway probably have a stronger profile internationally but the Irish universities don't have the funding and resources of UK univerisities. UCLAN outside of healthcare related subjects doesn't really have a great profile.
Hello,

What course are you interested in?

I study Medicine at UCLan, and I would like too share my experience to help you with your decision. UClan is a big university with many buildings and even campuses, the students are friendly and the facilities are high tech.

I find that there is also a big push for students to get loads of work experience and internships throughout their studies. The main campus is in Preston, a small but dynamic student city with everything you need.

It is also 2 hours away from London and as quick as 30 minutes from Manchester. You will find a lot of international students as well which adds to the dynamicatmosphere.

I also found the UCLan has a lot of services for support like a mental health team and also a careers team.

I also really recommend attending an open day or arranging a campus tour to help you get a feel of what its like to study in either university.

Best of luck,
Haya
Original post by dilse
Hi, I have an offer from UCLAN in UK as well as from UCC in Ireland and University of Galway. Which one is the best ? I did mega comparisons such as campus, rankings, cost , alumni, clubs, global connectivity, life in Ireland vs Uk etc etc and still I am confused as its coming a tie between UCALN and UCC
Hi @dilse,

Firstly, a huge congratulations on your offers, you must be so pleased! 😊

It's great to hear that you are strongly considering coming to study here at UCLan, which course will you be studying?

I can see that you've done a fair bit of research to help narrow down your options, which is great! If I can help with any questions you might have about your course or life here at UCLan, please feel free to ask.

All the best, 😊
Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending