The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Ancient History Paper 1 (H407/11-13) - 21st May 2024 [Exam Chat]

OCR A Level Ancient History Paper 1 (H407/11-13) - 21st May 2024
Welcome to the TSR discussion for OCR Ancient History Paper 1!
Introduce yourself, share your favourite or least favourite topic/s, how you're feeling about the exam and your best revision tips

Date: 21st May 2024 AM
Duration: 2 hours 30 mins

Best of luck!

@Pwca
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
Original post by erin11

OCR A Level Ancient History Paper 1 (H407/11-13) - 21st May 2024
Welcome to the TSR discussion for OCR Ancient History Paper 1!
Introduce yourself, share your favourite or least favourite topic/s, how you're feeling about the exam and your best revision tips
Date: 21st May 2024 AM
Duration: 2 hours 30 mins
Best of luck!

@Pwca

Hi Everyone, My name is Musfirah and my favourite topic is most probably the fall of the Roman Republic and the paper that I am feeling most lest confident about is the rise of macedon, My best revision tip is probably know about the reliability .

I am struggling to achieve an A and if you have any tips on any of the questions please let me know
Hiii, I like the Spartans the most and I really dislike the Peloponnesian War. Im not feeling super confident for the exam, as i feel a bit behind.
Does anyone have any predictions
Does anyone have any resources, tips, or predictions for the exam?
What was the exact wording of the questions in last years Greek paper
hi. im lillie and my favourite subject is probably the eleven ceasars. im bricking it for the Peloponnesian wars tbh.

For sparta & the greek world heres a prediction we discussed in my class

the interpretation question MIGHT be about why the greeks won against persia as that hasnt came up for years and seems a little overdue now!

however, they seem to REALLY like asking about why sparta won the peleponnnesian wars (asked it 2 years in a row) so dont take my word for it.
Thank you for the prediction, I'm also doing Sparta and its my favourite bit
Original post by Eva.lers
my ancient history teacher has a list of all of the questions OCR gave as an example when it was becoming a GSCE, every year atleast one of them have come up as a 25 marker for Persian and foundations of Rome:
Xerxes priorities were substantially different from his predecessors. How far do you agree with this statement?
To what extent did the demand for Plebeian rights change the Early Roman Republic between 494 and 440 BC?
To what extent was life for the plebeians harder under the Republic than it had been under the kings of Rome?
'The Persian kings building projects were all politically motivated.' How far do you agree with this statement?
'The Republic only served the powerful.' To what extent do you agree with this view?
'Cyrus was the greatest of the Achaemenid kings.' To what extent do you agree with this assessment?
'The Persian rulers were more interested in ruling their empire efficiently than in making war on their neighbours.' To what extent do you agree with this statement?
'Debt and poverty were the main threats to the Republic between 509 and 440.' To what extent do you agree with this view?
'Persians treated the peoples they conquered well.' How far do you agree with this statement?
'Cambyses and Xerxes's treatment of their subjects was similar.' How far do you agree with this statement?
'Rome's kings brought peace and good government to their people.' To what extent do you agree with this view.

I've looked at this properly now, is this not for GCSE?
does anyone have the summer 2023 paper/know what the questions were ? ty !
Does anyone have any essay plans that they are happy to share
Hey, my prediction is either how xerxes lost the invasion of greece and then for the 30 markers I think that it might be either to do wifh the peaces and then something to do with the end of the peleponession war
The 2023 questions were:
To what extent do the sources support the view that the spartans always acted only in their own intrests in the period 425-404BC?
It was the unity of which the Greeks should against the Persians 492 and 479BC, which was the key factor in their victory?
Original post by barbz_babez_chez
does anyone have the summer 2023 paper/know what the questions were ? ty !

i have the 2023 essay questions!

RELATIONS BETWEEN GREEK STATES AND NON GREEK STATES 492-404BC

to what extent do the sources support the view that spartans always acted in their own interests in the period 425-404BC

It was unity which the Greeks showed against the persians in 492 and 479BC which was the key factor to their victory, to what extent do you agree?

SOCIETY AND POLITICS OF SPARTA

the helot population restricted the spartans both at home and abroad. how far do the sources support this view?

To what extent do you agree with Xenephon that the spartans failed to live up to the values set up by Lycurgus?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending