The Student Room Group

am I being sensitive?

I’ve just cried today because it has gathered up for a while now, i mean I cry all the time. But my sisters basically moved out and whenever she comes around and I try to speak to her my dad thinks I’m saying something bad to her and as a ‘joke’ he says be quiet but to me it’s like I’m 23 years old I know my dad always says be quiet then everyone but he keeps saying it over my sister? Okay if there’s favouritism in the family then don’t make me feel like **** I’m fine with my dad caring for her but don’t tell me to shutup it’s getting so annoying I cried to my mum I said over nothing he says be quiet. Me and my dad had a great bond but now he’s just all about my sister and leaves me out. Tbh idc in a few years I’ll move out then they will know. I don’t want to be a bad daughter as we’re all close but idk anymore it’s just annoying
ur not being sensitive. im so sorry
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
ur not being sensitive. im so sorry

my sister is telling me I’m taking it to deep and that I’m childish
my sister is telling me I’m taking it to deep and that I’m childish

i promise ur not. i dont know if its good advice but i would try to distance myself. i wouldnt be rude because then everyone would have something to say but i would be really dry. soon people woild realise u've kinda changed and appreciate u more
Reply 4
i promise ur not. i dont know if its good advice but i would try to distance myself. i wouldnt be rude because then everyone would have something to say but i would be really dry. soon people woild realise u've kinda changed and appreciate u more

yeah that’s true, I kinda have changed and distanced myself because I’ve had enough every time my sister comes over my dad just takes her side when I don’t even talk. My dad always gives her the most attention and love. I get it I’m still at home I’ve not moved out but that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t get love. Me and my dad were so close at one point and now I don’t know anymore. It’s sad because I want things to be the same again but I can’t force my dad to start loving me the way he loves my sister
I’ve just cried today because it has gathered up for a while now, i mean I cry all the time. But my sisters basically moved out and whenever she comes around and I try to speak to her my dad thinks I’m saying something bad to her and as a ‘joke’ he says be quiet but to me it’s like I’m 23 years old I know my dad always says be quiet then everyone but he keeps saying it over my sister? Okay if there’s favouritism in the family then don’t make me feel like **** I’m fine with my dad caring for her but don’t tell me to shutup it’s getting so annoying I cried to my mum I said over nothing he says be quiet. Me and my dad had a great bond but now he’s just all about my sister and leaves me out. Tbh idc in a few years I’ll move out then they will know. I don’t want to be a bad daughter as we’re all close but idk anymore it’s just annoying

Have you ever talk to your dad how you feel?

Maybe having a chat might help
No you're not being sensitive. It's not nice to tell someone to be quiet all the time. I definitely think you should tell him about it.
Reply 7
Original post by CharlotteLexi
Have you ever talk to your dad how you feel?
Maybe having a chat might help

Not really no because I just feel anxious to speak about it incase I get shouted or what not idk
Reply 8
hi definitely talk to your dad :smile:
im not defending him - but see where he’s coming from… he probably really misses her snd wants her time visiting your house to be a good time. explain to him how you feel about it, and if he doesn’t understand then you have full right to be sad about it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending