The Student Room Group

Shared Uni Rooms London

Hi,
Cost of living in London looks crazy, and I dont think I can afford a single room. If anyone here has lived in shared rooms for 1st year in uni, please share your experience/opinions, as I'm torn between sharing my living space in London or just settling for Warwick instead?

extra Q's:
I'm a girl, so am I guaranteed another girl to share the room with?
Would I be able to/is it complicated to request switching for a different roommate?
(edited 3 months ago)
Shared rooms are usually single sex. Unless a couple specifically arranges a co-ed room.

The challengs with a shared room is - unless you find a room mate yourself. Some halls may require you to find your own sharer, others will help match you. You won't be able to pick or choose who you share with.

Try university owed halls for more affordable options.

Be mindful that sharing a room, means having to tolerate and be a good room mate too. You may also be blocked from having over night guests, or restrictions on male guests.
Reply 2
Original post by Davenursing
Shared rooms are usually single sex. Unless a couple specifically arranges a co-ed room.
The challengs with a shared room is - unless you find a room mate yourself. Some halls may require you to find your own sharer, others will help match you. You won't be able to pick or choose who you share with.
Try university owed halls for more affordable options.
Be mindful that sharing a room, means having to tolerate and be a good room mate too. You may also be blocked from having over night guests, or restrictions on male guests.

I see, thank you. I'm looking at the uni's accom only, and shared rooms are like £3k cheaper over the year, so I guess I'll just have to tolerate whoever I'll be put with.Also, is uni accom first come first serve, as I still have to wait to hear back from one more uni, before I can book accom?

Quick Reply