The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

psychology at bristol

i’ve had on my decisions for all universities i applied to apart from bristol. i thought they were just taking their time but ive looked on here and quite a few have gotten offers. do i still have a chance or are they just gonna reject me at the last minute
Original post by zoecx
i’ve had on my decisions for all universities i applied to apart from bristol. i thought they were just taking their time but ive looked on here and quite a few have gotten offers. do i still have a chance or are they just gonna reject me at the last minute

I think it is most likely a case of their not sure. I have applied for law and got a rejection; it happens almost straight way. My offers took a while to come. If they are taking their time they most likely have a lot of choice. Meaning they don’t not want to offer you a place, but you have some competition.

If you had no chance, you would have been rejected by now. Best thing is to just relax and focus on A-Levels knowing you have offers for next year.

Good luck with your exams, and seriously you still have a chance with Bristol!

Which universities have given you offers
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by Shayakerman123
I think it is most likely a case of their not sure. I have applied for law and got a rejection; it happens almost straight way. My offers took a while to come. If they are taking their time they most likely have a lot of choice. Meaning they don’t not want to offer you a place, but you have some competition.
If you had no chance, you would have been rejected by now. Best thing is to just relax and focus on A-Levels knowing you have offers for next year.
Good luck with your exams, and seriously you still have a chance with Bristol!
Which universities have given you offers

Thank you for your reply, to be honest I've kind of lose hope but I'm no longer as bothered about it as like you said, I do have offers to chose from for next year.
I've been given offers for Nottingham, Loughborough and Southampton, Southampton being my insurance choice no matter my firm, and if I don't get Bristol I will firm Nottingham, which isn't as good as Bristol for psychology but I do really like the uni. We'll see what happens with Bristol though, like you said I'm just going to focus on my A levels for now. Thank you!
i applied for the psych and neuroscience course with 3 a stars good gcses and a contectual aplication where i should only need , aab . ive been put on hold twice ... but i see other people getting offers and it doesnt make much sense

Quick Reply