The Student Room Group

Assessment closed before deadline

Hi guys I had an online assessment which was MCQsbased on lab sessions each week. The MCQ would releaseafter every lab session. And the deadline to submit all theMCQs was 23 march. I didn’t attempt them after everysession (recommended to do so but not compulsory) andleft them to do in the last week.
A week before the deadline the module lead emailed ussaying that the deadline is 22nd as 23 is a Saturday. Icompleted half of them and left the other half to do on 22 asI had other assessments too and they were very short mcqslike takes only 2-3 hrs to do them all.

On 21 when I opened they were already closed so Iemailed module lead to which she replied the next morningsaying that the deadline is 22 today 5pm not 21. I read thisemail at around 1pm and opened mcq again and it wasalready closed agn even it was 2pm not 5pm.

The other module lead emailed to me then saying that theywere opened until 5 today and that they have been openedfor the whole month so you should not have left them untilthe last day. Therefore we can’t reopen them.

So in short the MCQs closed a day before the deadline butthe module lead said that they were open and regardlessyoi shouldn’t have left then until the last two days.

My argument is that it doesn’t matter when I do them at thestart of term or end of term when the deadline was 22ndwhy the already closed on 21?
Btw these mcqs were 20% of overall grade and were easymarks. I know it’s my mistake to leave them until the last 2days.

Do I have any chance or is my argument strong enough?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys I had an online assessment which was MCQsbased on lab sessions each week. The MCQ would releaseafter every lab session. And the deadline to submit all theMCQs was 23 march. I didn’t attempt them after everysession (recommended to do so but not compulsory) andleft them to do in the last week.
A week before the deadline the module lead emailed ussaying that the deadline is 22nd as 23 is a Saturday. Icompleted half of them and left the other half to do on 22 asI had other assessments too and they were very short mcqslike takes only 2-3 hrs to do them all.
On 21 when I opened they were already closed so Iemailed module lead to which she replied the next morningsaying that the deadline is 22 today 5pm not 21. I read thisemail at around 1pm and opened mcq again and it wasalready closed agn even it was 2pm not 5pm.
The other module lead emailed to me then saying that theywere opened until 5 today and that they have been openedfor the whole month so you should not have left them untilthe last day. Therefore we can’t reopen them.
So in short the MCQs closed a day before the deadline butthe module lead said that they were open and regardlessyoi shouldn’t have left then until the last two days.
My argument is that it doesn’t matter when I do them at thestart of term or end of term when the deadline was 22ndwhy the already closed on 21?
Btw these mcqs were 20% of overall grade and were easymarks. I know it’s my mistake to leave them until the last 2days.
Do I have any chance or is my argument strong enough?

Why nobody replies? I need to know other students opinion on this situation
Why nobody replies? I need to know other students opinion on this situation

Nobody is obliged to reply.

That said, do you have proof ?
Reply 3
Original post by ageshallnot
Nobody is obliged to reply.
That said, do you have proof ?
i know nobody obliged but I thought this platform is to help each other by giving advice.

Yes took screenshots of where it says assessment closed on 21st
i know nobody obliged but I thought this platform is to help each other by giving advice.
Yes took screenshots of where it says assessment closed on 21st

So you have documentation that you were misinformed by both your module leaders. The concept that you "should" have submitted your work earlier is irrelevant. Looks like a slam dunk appeal to me.
Reply 5
So you have documentation that you were misinformed by both your module leaders. The concept that you "should" have submitted your work earlier is irrelevant. Looks like a slam dunk appeal to me.

Any chances of approval? Aren't appeals always rejected?
Any chances of approval? Aren't appeals always rejected?

Approval?

No, or they wouldn't bother with the procedure.
Reply 7
Approval?
No, or they wouldn't bother with the procedure.
Why are you replying to me in a rude way??
Why are you replying to me in a rude way??

I'm not. I'm querying what you mean by the word "approval", and I'm responding to your question about whether there is any point in appealing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending