The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open uni Access course

If I do an access course with open uni will I be able to get the degree with them after even with no GSCE’S ?
Original post by Anon_2004
If I do an access course with open uni will I be able to get the degree with them after even with no GSCE’S ?

Access courses are great for assessing your capabilities and gives you a peek into what to expect for your first year of a degree.
There are a couple of degrees that prefer you to have previous study. But the majority of undergrad courses do not require previous learning.
As per the name, the university is Open to everyone to gain knowledge, regardless of background!
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by Kimbo007!
Access courses are great for assessing your capabilities and gives you a peek into what to expect for your first year of a degree.
There are a couple of degrees that prefer you to have previous study. But the majority of undergrad courses do not require previous learning.
As per the name, the university is Open to everyone to gain knowledge, regardless of background!

I am currently studying a Level 2 module with the OU and did a STEM Access course before starting my degree. It really helped and gave a foundation to studying, revisiting and reteaching things I hadn't grasped in school and didn't have any qualifications in. Its well worth it and also lets you get a feel of the way the OU works and whether or not its right for you.

Quick Reply

Latest