The Student Room Group

English Literature

I’m not really sure how to make flash cards for poetry power and conflict quotes and context
How do you structure the flash cards in an effective way?
Like do you write the theme on the front and quotes on the back!?? I’m confused
Sorry I know this might seem like a silly question
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous_dragon
I’m not really sure how to make flash cards for poetry power and conflict quotes and context
How do you structure the flash cards in an effective way?
Like do you write the theme on the front and quotes on the back!?? I’m confused
Sorry I know this might seem like a silly question
for my flashcards (i do love and relationships) i would write either a theme or technique on one side, e.g. 'possessive pronouns in i think of thee' or 'opportunity in mother any distance' and on the other side give a quote (for rhyme scheme, stanza length, etc obviously you can't give direct quotes but yk, knowledge of the form and structure itself shows knowledge of the poem so it doesn't matter) then underneath i'd write the effect of technique and analysis of what it shows. embedding ur analysis into ur flashcards is rly important bc u need to know WHY the quotes and techniques you're choosing are effective, not just know quotes with no knowledge of how they link to a certain theme - bc otherwise you'll be sat there analysing a quote in the exam (which is really not something u want to do), when u could just pre-learn good analysis. also make sure to link ur context into analysis on ur flashcards - knowing the context is one thing, but being able to effectively link it to your evidence and analysis is what's more important!

basically, make sure to analyse ur quotes with analysis vs just writing quotes down

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending