The Student Room Group

A-level chem help

Asking to help a stressed friend so this might be vague. Is it possible to improve from a C to an A in the next 2 months? What's the best methods to understanding content properly and revising it afterwards e.g. watching videos, particular websites and channels, methods you've come up with for using exam questions to improve understanding, etc? She said organic chemistry is her worst topic so has anyone found any particular resources or revision methods that work best for organic chem? I don't take chem or any STEM subjects myself so idk what methods people use to revise or how they learn content or anything.
Original post by TeaOnRice
Asking to help a stressed friend so this might be vague. Is it possible to improve from a C to an A in the next 2 months? What's the best methods to understanding content properly and revising it afterwards e.g. watching videos, particular websites and channels, methods you've come up with for using exam questions to improve understanding, etc? She said organic chemistry is her worst topic so has anyone found any particular resources or revision methods that work best for organic chem? I don't take chem or any STEM subjects myself so idk what methods people use to revise or how they learn content or anything.

Physics and maths tutor! Lots of past paper questions and go over them with the markscheme. Language on a chemistry paper can be very specific and it’s important that you get all the marks. They do sometimes ask almost the same questions so get secure on those types of questions which tend to come up. Also depending on your exam board, YouTube can be good for learning concepts. I personally use Allery chemistry for OCR A. Chem guide is good for concepts too.

Quick Reply

Latest