The Student Room Group

Student finance

Hey! i applied for student finance last year and it got rejected because i wasn’t ordinarily resident for 3 years. this year it has been 3 years since i moved to UK. And now i have applied again for it but i used the same account will that affect the decision?
Also i have a 14 months gap in the 3 year residency since i first moved to UK. I have ILR and i first moved in here in december 2020, then for some reason after i got my ILR i had to go back home and i stayed there for over a year. Now i have been back again for more than a year now.
how will that affect my decision for eligibility?
Original post by Maimoona Naeem
Hey! i applied for student finance last year and it got rejected because i wasn’t ordinarily resident for 3 years. this year it has been 3 years since i moved to UK. And now i have applied again for it but i used the same account will that affect the decision?
Also i have a 14 months gap in the 3 year residency since i first moved to UK. I have ILR and i first moved in here in december 2020, then for some reason after i got my ILR i had to go back home and i stayed there for over a year. Now i have been back again for more than a year now.
how will that affect my decision for eligibility?

Hi Maimoona,

Can you please tell us when your new course begins?

Thanks, Graeme
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi Maimoona,
Can you please tell us when your new course begins?
Thanks, Graeme

my new course begins in september 2024
Original post by Maimoona Naeem
my new course begins in september 2024

Okay, since you have Indefinite Leave to Remain you could be eligible for funding, now that you've also lived in the UK for 3 years prior to the start of your course.

Time spent abroad is fine so long as it was temporary.

In this case we'd strongly recommend that you make a 24/25 application on your account as soon as possible, and we'll be able to confirm that you're eligible.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending