The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

University of Reading Clearing 2024

Hi guys!
Setting up this thread ahead of the 2024 Clearing period, so any questions or concerns please leave them here and we'll get back to you! We'll be updating this thread frequently with important information closer to the time so make sure to follow along to stay up to date!

Kat :smile:
MA Diplomacy Student
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by UniofReading
Hi guys!
Setting up this thread ahead of the 2024 Clearing period, so any questions or concerns please leave them here and we'll get back to you! We'll be updating this thread frequently with important information closer to the time so make sure to follow along to stay up to date!
MA Diplomacy Student

Hey!

Whether you're a prospective student or a concerned parent, feel free to drop any questions or concerns you may have right here, and we'll be sure to get back to you promptly.

Stay tuned as we'll be updating this thread regularly with all the important information you'll need as we approach the Clearing period.

Looking forward to assisting you all on your Clearing journey!
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi! I was just wondering so right now I am in between picking bristol and reading as my insurance - bristol is abb and reading is bbb. I would rather put bristol but reading is the safer option but I was wondering if I do pick bristol but then I end up getting bbb, will it be likely I can get into reading through clearing on results day?
Original post by _cxs_
Hi! I was just wondering so right now I am in between picking bristol and reading as my insurance - bristol is abb and reading is bbb. I would rather put bristol but reading is the safer option but I was wondering if I do pick bristol but then I end up getting bbb, will it be likely I can get into reading through clearing on results day?

Hey @_cxs_

Great question.
This would likely depend on the course you are applying to as to whether it is an option in clearing and then how many other people are applying through clearing for the same course. Unfortunately, we can't guarantee whether or not you would get a place through clearing for any course, however, this does sound like a well thought out plan!
I would also consider which one you would prefer to go to without thinking about the grades i.e. which one do you think you would feel happiest at. This may also help you make your decision.

If you have any questions at all about Reading or anything though, please do ask and we will try our best to help!

Good luck!
Skye 🙂
4th Year MSci Speech and Language Therapy Student
Reply 4
Hey @_cxs_
Great question.
This would likely depend on the course you are applying to as to whether it is an option in clearing and then how many other people are applying through clearing for the same course. Unfortunately, we can't guarantee whether or not you would get a place through clearing for any course, however, this does sound like a well thought out plan!
I would also consider which one you would prefer to go to without thinking about the grades i.e. which one do you think you would feel happiest at. This may also help you make your decision.
If you have any questions at all about Reading or anything though, please do ask and we will try our best to help!
Good luck!
Skye 🙂
4th Year MSci Speech and Language Therapy Student

Hi there,
Ohh ok thanks for letting me know, do you know if the course History and Spanish would be an option in clearing or if in your opinion it would be popular?
Yes that's what I've been thinking of too.. it's tough
Thanks a lot for you help :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by _cxs_
Hi there,
Ohh ok thanks for letting me know, do you know if the course History and Spanish would be an option in clearing or if in your opinion it would be popular?

I think I am leaning more towards Bristol but i know reading would be a safer bet and I do still really like the uni as well
Original post by _cxs_
Hi there,

Hey @_cxs_,

Unfortunately we don't have access to information like the number of applicants, however I did history myself and the cohort was 60-80 in my year so there's definitely a chance! Fewer people also do joint honours so that may also positively impact your chances. Again, it really depends on how many firmed applicants we get!

If there's anything you'd like to learn about in terms of studying history here or just living in Reading in general that may help you make your decision in general please ask - I'd be happy to tell you more!

MA Diplomacy Student
Reply 7
Hey @_cxs_,
Unfortunately we don't have access to information like the number of applicants, however I did history myself and the cohort was 60-80 in my year so there's definitely a chance! Fewer people also do joint honours so that may also positively impact your chances. Again, it really depends on how many firmed applicants we get!
If there's anything you'd like to learn about in terms of studying history here or just living in Reading in general that may help you make your decision in general please ask - I'd be happy to tell you more!
MA Diplomacy Student

Great, thank you so much for your help! :smile:
Hi guys!
MA Diplomacy Student

I made a mistake with my application due to studying a year early and not knowing about university much , but now I’ve done my research I realise I want to go to reading for Biochemistry, a foundation year . I do not know if they do clearing for a foundation year in biochemistry and I very much want to study there , but do not know if they go into clearing for that subject .
Original post by Aworriedstudent8
I made a mistake with my application due to studying a year early and not knowing about university much , but now I’ve done my research I realise I want to go to reading for Biochemistry, a foundation year . I do not know if they do clearing for a foundation year in biochemistry and I very much want to study there , but do not know if they go into clearing for that subject .

Hey @AWorriedStudent,

Where are you at in your university journey- are you already attending or firmed another university choice? I'm presuming already chosen another, in which case Clearing is likely your only option for attending this year, unless you decide to take a gap year and apply for 2025 standard entry. I'm not sure if the course will be going into clearing as of yet as it depends on how many students have already applied and firmed their places, but I'd recommend that you fill in this form and check out the other things on that page for more info, though Clearing won't open until July. It may also be worth emailing our admissions team at [email protected] to see if they can help you any further or lay out your options for you.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or need any more advice, please don't hesitate to ask.
MA Diplomacy Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending