The Student Room Group

gyg - a love letter to my future self πŸ’Œ

hi! i'm starting this gyg to try to hold myself accountable and keep a diary of how much revision i'm actually doing.

little bit about me:

β€’

i'm currently a student in y13

β€’

studying biology, chemistry and english lit lang (all wjec)

β€’

i applied for medicine for 2024 entry and am a cardiff med offer holder (!)

β€’

in my spare time, i like to boulder and read

β€’

i have a part-time job in a supermarket

β€’

i LOVE to procrastinate

my goals:

β€’

achieve at least AAA (but aiming for A*A*A with the A in chem)

β€’

update here every other day

β€’

try to actually have a balance between revision and self-care

β€’

get that place at cardiff

so, welcome to my gyg! 😊
-jumpingcat2109

Scroll to see replies

today's to-do:

β€’

finish organic homework

β€’

try to finish king lear quotes homework

β€’

inorganic mind-maps (redox and standard electrode potential)

β€’

declutter my study space

β€’

biology flashcards (musculoskeletal system)

feeling relatively motivated today, so will hopefully finish this list πŸ™‚

okey so actually got most of this done today! am about half-way through the lear homework but overall pretty proud of myself. she's re-entering the academic weapon era πŸ’ͺ
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Jumpingcat2109
hi! i'm starting this gyg to try to hold myself accountable and keep a diary of how much revision i'm actually doing.
little bit about me:

β€’

β€’

β€’

β€’

β€’

β€’

i LOVE to procrastinate

my goals:

β€’

β€’

β€’

β€’

so, welcome to my gyg! 😊
-jumpingcat2109

medicine - that's a big slay!! welcome to the fam! i'm a fellow year 13 studying psych, socio and spanish (all aqa!) the link to my blog is here: emmanuella's year 13 gyg: in her academic grindd 🧠 πŸŽ€ - The Student Room

tagging in some fellow gygers: @AspiringSurvivor @Tatakae L @kayleigh_t.27 @erin11 @MP_25 @halfharry @miss_nia
little bit about me:

β€’

β€’

β€’

β€’

β€’

β€’

i LOVE to procrastinate

my goals:

β€’

β€’

β€’

β€’

so, welcome to my gyg! 😊
-jumpingcat2109

Hiyaaa and welcome to gyg. Well done on getting a med offer (WOOOOOPPP WOOOOPPP).

Im a year 12 you is studying bio, chem and psych and Im also tryna get into med school inshallah so people like you are an INSPIRATION.
Original post by emm4nuella
medicine - that's a big slay!! welcome to the fam! i'm a fellow year 13 studying psych, socio and spanish (all aqa!) the link to my blog is here: emmanuella's year 13 gyg: in her academic grindd 🧠 πŸŽ€ - The Student Room
tagging in some fellow gygers: @AspiringSurvivor @Tatakae L @kayleigh_t.27 @erin11 @MP_25 @halfharry @miss_nia

thank you! happy to be here - have wanted to start one of these for a little bit haha. i did french as level - languages require sooo much work so props to you!
Original post by Tatakae L
Hiyaaa and welcome to gyg. Well done on getting a med offer (WOOOOOPPP WOOOOPPP).
Im a year 12 you is studying bio, chem and psych and Im also tryna get into med school inshallah so people like you are an INSPIRATION.

thank youu! it was a JOURNEY to say the least 😭 but i'm glad i'm out the other side now. you've got this!

little bit about me:

β€’

β€’

β€’

β€’

β€’

β€’

i LOVE to procrastinate

my goals:

β€’

β€’

β€’

β€’

so, welcome to my gyg! 😊
-jumpingcat2109
Thank you to the gyg queen @emm4nuella for tagging me

WELCOME WELCOME shall be supporting I fo bio and chem as well

Here's my gyg:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7446909
thank youu! it was a JOURNEY to say the least 😭 but i'm glad i'm out the other side now. you've got this!

Thank you sm <3
Original post by halfharry
Thank you to the gyg queen @emm4nuella for tagging me
WELCOME WELCOME shall be supporting I fo bio and chem as well
Here's my gyg:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7446909

ahh thank you! chemistry is murdering me currentlyyy πŸ₯²
Thank you for the tag!!:heart:
little bit about me:

β€’

β€’

β€’

β€’

β€’

β€’

i LOVE to procrastinate

my goals:

β€’

β€’

β€’

β€’

so, welcome to my gyg! 😊
-jumpingcat2109

Congratulations on your med offer!!! You can get those grades and we will make sure we keep account of your revision :cool:
Are you staying at home for uni then?
Original post by AspiringSurvivor
Thank you for the tag!!:heart:
Congratulations on your med offer!!! You can get those grades and we will make sure we keep account of your revision :cool:
Are you staying at home for uni then?

thank you! i’m planning on living in accommodation (definitely for the first year) as i live about an hour away from cardiff and don’t want to commute every day haha. i also want the experience of living independently - plus i feel a big part of the typical uni experience is living away, at least for me :smile:
today's to-do: 07/04/2024

β€’

try to finish lear homework (it's tediousss)

β€’

review biology flashcards

β€’

inorganic notes

starting a bit later today as i had work. am honestly exhausted so wanted to do slightly mindless tasks today. but i'm equipped with coffee so we'll see if that helps wake me up! β˜•οΈ
update: that lear homework took YEARS so was the only thing i managed to do today. not gonna be too hard on myself though - work really took it out of me!!
(edited 1 month ago)
Your blog name is so creative 🀭 congratulations on your med offer! i love your subject combo, why did you go for English Lit? I'm having some difficulty with choosing which subject i'll drop ☹️
today's to-do: 07/04/2024

β€’

try to finish lear homework (it's tediousss)

β€’

review biology flashcards

β€’

inorganic notes

starting a bit later today as i had work. am honestly exhausted so wanted to do slightly mindless tasks today. but i'm equipped with coffee so we'll see if that helps wake me up! β˜•οΈ

good that you are listening to your body - very important ofc! good luck with your tasks - rooting for you :biggrin:!
Original post by fesselnd
Your blog name is so creative 🀭 congratulations on your med offer! i love your subject combo, why did you go for English Lit? I'm having some difficulty with choosing which subject i'll drop ☹️

awh thank youu! i wanted to have a nice combination of sciences and humanities - i really enjoyed both throughout my gcses so my initial subject combination was bio, chem, lit lang and french! i knew i needed to drop one to focus on the others and ultimately decided on french as i was putting the same amount of work into it as the other three combined. i've been finding english quite chill and just generally enjoyable (and tbh i quite like writing essays haha) - and easier than chem and bio. what subjects are you doing? 😊
good that you are listening to your body - very important ofc! good luck with your tasks - rooting for you :biggrin:!

thank youuu! 😊
a mini back-to-college plan!πŸ’•

β€’

want to try to wake up earlier so i can post my to-do list on here every morning

β€’

aaand go to bed earlier (especially on days i'm not working)

β€’

actually make a solid revision plan - want to dedicate specific frees to specific subjects

β€’

apply for student finance because i keep forgettinggg 🌟

β€’

try to complete a past paper for each subject every week

β€’

be a little more consistent with climbing! this girly needs balance to function 🧘*♀️

thinkkk i'm happy with this (will add more if i need to ofc)
my first exam (AH) is my bio prac on the 2nd of may, so i now have less than a month to become the academic weapon i know i am destined to become πŸ₯²
little bit about me:

β€’

β€’

β€’

β€’

β€’

β€’

i LOVE to procrastinate

my goals:

β€’

β€’

β€’

β€’

so, welcome to my gyg! 😊
-jumpingcat2109

Heyoo!!! I'm only a little Y12 student, but I also take biology and chemistry!! How are you fining them so far? I'm extremely excited to see all your improvements and wish you all the best for the upcoming months before you DEFINITELY get into Cardiff! I'll also hold you accountable in case you start procrastinating... 😈 but seriously very nice to meet you and am looking forward to hearing about your academic journey!!
a mini back-to-college plan!πŸ’•

β€’

want to try to wake up earlier so i can post my to-do list on here every morning

β€’

aaand go to bed earlier (especially on days i'm not working)

β€’

actually make a solid revision plan - want to dedicate specific frees to specific subjects

β€’

apply for student finance because i keep forgettinggg 🌟

β€’

try to complete a past paper for each subject every week

β€’

be a little more consistent with climbing! this girly needs balance to function 🧘*♀️

thinkkk i'm happy with this (will add more if i need to ofc)
my first exam (AH) is my bio prac on the 2nd of may, so i now have less than a month to become the academic weapon i know i am destined to become πŸ₯²

OMG I do climbing too! Yeah cmon you can get consistent just think of all the fun you can have there!!! πŸ€—
Original post by KitCat13
Heyoo!!! I'm only a little Y12 student, but I also take biology and chemistry!! How are you fining them so far? I'm extremely excited to see all your improvements and wish you all the best for the upcoming months before you DEFINITELY get into Cardiff! I'll also hold you accountable in case you start procrastinating... 😈 but seriously very nice to meet you and am looking forward to hearing about your academic journey!!

hii! i'm really enjoying biology! i've been finding the content really interesting! chem has been quite a bit more difficult to wrap my head around - i really love organic (hate that inorganic is soooo maths based) but there are so many reactions to learn it's ridiculous. 🀦*♀️
thank youu! 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending