The Student Room Group

Politics

HOW DO YOU REVISE EDEXCEL POLITICS ALEVEL??? i have like a month left until exams and i still don’t know how to revise
essay plan as much as possible!! got me from C to A/A* in my mocks. not only you have the literal answers for the questions, you are also learning the content.
Reply 2
Original post by eliaaaaa
essay plan as much as possible!! got me from C to A/A* in my mocks. not only you have the literal answers for the questions, you are also learning the content.

how many essay plans do you make for each topic?
Original post by ja1izo
how many essay plans do you make for each topic?

honestly just as many as possible. but on average for idologies i make around 7/8 and for uk govt and politics i make around 30. my teacher made my class a checklist so i mostly use that and just go through them, but you can just go through past papers and plan them. i've been told questions are likely to repeat but differently phrased. its time consuming but it works wonders and you can find ready essay plans on quizlet.
honestly just as many as possible. but on average for idologies i make around 7/8 and for uk govt and politics i make around 30. my teacher made my class a checklist so i mostly use that and just go through them, but you can just go through past papers and plan them. i've been told questions are likely to repeat but differently phrased. its time consuming but it works wonders and you can find ready essay plans on quizlet.

for US i'd probably say around 30 too, i try to have 5/6 for each sub-topic
Reply 5

would it be more efficient to plan essay questions that have came up (because they don’t repeat the same exact question especially for ideologies) or plan a question that has not came up? i am currently using alevelpolitics.com is book to create essay plans that have not came up idk if this is helpful
Reply 6

also how do you revise for source questions?
Original post by ja1izo
would it be more efficient to plan essay questions that have came up (because they don’t repeat the same exact question especially for ideologies) or plan a question that has not came up? i am currently using alevelpolitics.com is book to create essay plans that have not came up idk if this is helpful

They tend to repeat questions but phrase them in different ways, especially for ideologies. You just have to alter your essay plans in a way that fits the questions but the content stays the same.
Original post by ja1izo
also how do you revise for source questions?

And I personally dont revise for them, I just use my essay plans and apply them to points in the source
Reply 9
They tend to repeat questions but phrase them in different ways, especially for ideologies. You just have to alter your essay plans in a way that fits the questions but the content stays the same.

so do you think i’ll be in a good position planning every past paper question using the mark scheme,
Original post by ja1izo
so do you think i’ll be in a good position planning every past paper question using the mark scheme,

I don't use the mark scheme as it's not comprehensive enough, I'd rather assemble the plans using my own notes. But definitely try to plan as many questions as you can, focusing on your weak topics that you'd have no clue what to write for if they came up.
guys all i want is a c or b do u think i can get that from essay plans??? andddd does anyone have any idea of what predictions for papers may be?!?!?!
Reply 12
Original post by maddie’
guys all i want is a c or b do u think i can get that from essay plans??? andddd does anyone have any idea of what predictions for papers may be?!?!?!

check the predictions forum page
prediction page

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending