The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University Accommodation 2024

I'm hoping to go to Newcastle Uni in sept 2024 and was wondering if there were any accommodations anyone really recommends. I'm thinking of Newgate court but I don't know much about it, I'm looking for somewhere that's good for social things.
Original post by hana_b1
I'm hoping to go to Newcastle Uni in sept 2024 and was wondering if there were any accommodations anyone really recommends. I'm thinking of Newgate court but I don't know much about it, I'm looking for somewhere that's good for social things.

Also wondering this! I have looked at the options online but am not sure at all
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by hana_b1

I was looking at it as well but I want to know if you dont get the grades if you get your deposit back. does anyone know?!?!?!
Original post by eilidhcraigie
I was looking at it as well but I want to know if you dont get the grades if you get your deposit back. does anyone know?!?!?!

Hi @eilidhcraigie,

Newgate Court is one of our managed partnership accommodations, as such the payment methods differ from University-owned. A £250 advanced rent payment is required upon acceptance of a room at Newgate Court, which gets deducted from the first rent payment. Additionally, a guarantor is required.

However, applicants who reserve a room through our Advanced Booking option won’t be emailed a contract until after the 15th August 2024 once their place at Newcastle is confirmed. They will then have two days to accept this contract online.

From the 16th August 2024, and once places are confirmed, we will start processing applications submitted via the traditional application route, where applicants express an interest in up to three accommodation options. Once applicants have been assigned accommodation, those offered Newgate Court will be emailed and told they have three days to action the offer.

Following acceptance of contracts, applicants will receive a follow up email directly from Unite Students (the provider of Newgate Court). It will be at this stage that the advanced rent payment and details of a guarantor will be asked for.

Please note that we would advise anyone applying directly through Unite Students to ask them about their processes and policies because they will be different.

I hope this helps.

Hana 😊
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Reply 4
Original post by eilidhcraigie
If you put them as firm, you are guaranteed accomodation, but you don't pay anything until after results day. If you secure your grades they then send you your contract for the accomadation you have picked and you send it back within 2 days, then pay when it is due.

Dd favourite accomodation were Park view, Kensington Terrace and Newgate Court.
She picked Kensington Terrace in the end, decided to be on campus, and slightly bigger rooms, and bigger houses, still a lot of people in the 10 houses , but not as big or vast as Park view, although to be honest all choices look ok/nice
Original post by SamW148
If you put them as firm, you are guaranteed accomodation, but you don't pay anything until after results day. If you secure your grades they then send you your contract for the accomadation you have picked and you send it back within 2 days, then pay when it is due.
Dd favourite accomodation were Park view, Kensington Terrace and Newgate Court.
She picked Kensington Terrace in the end, decided to be on campus, and slightly bigger rooms, and bigger houses, still a lot of people in the 10 houses , but not as big or vast as Park view, although to be honest all choices look ok/nice

oops too late now. tbd still happy with my choices
I chose park view because i really liked the look of it on the open day. Also it’s close to the sport hall so ideal for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending