The Student Room Group

Students loan

Can I get the student loan if i just moved to the country but my parents have been living here for about 8 years now
Original post by yearly-pledge
Can I get the student loan if i just moved to the country but my parents have been living here for about 8 years now

Hi there,

What nationality are you? What is your status in the UK? Thanks, Ross
Reply 2
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,
What nationality are you? What is your status in the UK? Thanks, Ross

I am a Guinean and I’m under the settle status
I am a Guinean and I’m under the settle status

Thank you. When does your course begin and what level of degree are you looking to study? Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Thank you. When does your course begin and what level of degree are you looking to study? Thanks, Jason

My course begins September 2024
Bachelor degree
My course begins September 2024
Bachelor degree

Thank you and finally where have you been living for the past 3 years, was that in the EU or was it in Guinea? Also, do your parent have settled status? Thanks, Jason
Reply 6
Original post by SFE Jason
Thank you and finally where have you been living for the past 3 years, was that in the EU or was it in Guinea? Also, do your parent have settled status? Thanks, Jason

I was in Nigeria yes parents also have settled status
I was in Nigeria yes parents also have settled status

Hi there,

Just to confirm, do you also have settled status?

Thanks, Ross
Reply 8
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,
Just to confirm, do you also have settled status?
Thanks, Ross

Yes
Hi there,

You would not be eligible for funding because you need to be living in the UK and Islands for the three years prior to the first day of the first academic year of your course. As you do not have the 3 years residency because you lived in Nigeria then we will not award you funding.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending