The Student Room Group

Reading Quran

I’ve been reading the Quran and trying to understand Islam more. Every time I read I end up with this overwhelming feeling to the point it makes me cry and I don’t know how to explain it. Has anyone else has this feeling ?
Reply 1
Same here honestly, listening to a recitation of the Qur'an whilst reading the translation is another feeling altogether. May God bless you for having an open heart and wanting to get to know the religion more, you appear like a sincere person! Not only this, but the many miracles it holds, the eloquent nature of it, and also the fact that it is pure and free from any errors are just a couple more of many things which make you absorb it more!

What's been your favourite surah/chapter so far?

Also, a verse which comes to mind from your post and your reaction:
"When they listen to what has been revealed to the Messenger, you see their eyes overflowing with tears for recognizing the truth. They say, “Our Lord! We believe, so count us among the witnesses."
5:83
The context behind this verse as well 😀

"these verses were revealed concerning a group that An-Najashi (King of Ethiopia) sent to the Prophet in order to hear his words and observe his qualities. When the group met with the Prophet and he recited the Qur'an to them, they embraced Islam, cried and were humbled. Then they returned to An-Najashi and told him what happened.
"They were Ethiopians who embraced Islam when the Muslims who migrated to Ethiopia resided among them." "They were some followers of the religion of `Isa, son of Maryam, who when they saw Muslims and heard the Qur'an, they became Muslims without hesitation."

Quick Reply