The Student Room Group

How can I live life authentically?

I'm 23 years old, getting my driving license and finishing my degree and saving approximately £20,000 by next year so I can move to a different country like UAE or Finland or Denmark. Losing weight and I am a size XL to L to becoming an M and the lowest way I will be for this year is going to be 130lbs. I don't know my self-concept and I dont know how to live authentically by myself.. I'm not lost about who I want to be as a person but I'm confused. What kind of life I want to live for the rest of my 20s… I've went to therapy and I'm taking a break from uni because my university experience was **** so a year off uni by losing weight, getting my driver license, travelling and saving money could help me in the long run when I enter my mid 20s but I don't know what kind of friends I want to have or what kind of life I want to live once I leave uni
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 23 years old, getting my driving license and finishing my degree and saving approximately £20,000 by next year so I can move to a different country like UAE or Finland or Denmark. Losing weight and I am a size XL to L to becoming an M and the lowest way I will be for this year is going to be 130lbs. I don't know my self-concept and I dont know how to live authentically by myself.. I'm not lost about who I want to be as a person but I'm confused. What kind of life I want to live for the rest of my 20s… I've went to therapy and I'm taking a break from uni because my university experience was **** so a year off uni by losing weight, getting my driver license, travelling and saving money could help me in the long run when I enter my mid 20s but I don't know what kind of friends I want to have or what kind of life I want to live once I leave uni

Fortunately you aren’t the only one sat in that boat, only a small amount of people know what they want to do. You have time to think, and if you graduate and still are not sure, just work somewhere that requires your degree to get your two years experience, or take a masters.

There are some amazing countries you could work in as well, Iceland is incredibly underrated to live, you’ll be able to experience different cultures wherever you choose and work with a broad range of people in these countries.

There’s no worry, as long as you make sure to use your degree for a job as if you don’t use it for long enough, when you finally realise what job you’d want to officially go into, graduates and more experienced people will be prioritised over you.

I’m really liking the sound of you wanting to go move elsewhere and work though, it is a huge exciting step which will make any job you go into much more fascinating.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending