The Student Room Group

Student Finance Maintenance Loan Change

My maintenance loan was £4200 as its part time 2 years course and the first and second payment amount was sent correctly and for the correct amount. The final payment has changed at some point this year from around £1400-£1500 to £25. My course runs to Mid-End of May. My course is a two year part time course and I was wondering what is wrong here? is this an error such as SFE thinking its my final year? What are my options?
Original post by BSFEAcc
My maintenance loan was £4200 as its part time 2 years course and the first and second payment amount was sent correctly and for the correct amount. The final payment has changed at some point this year from around £1400-£1500 to £25. My course runs to Mid-End of May. My course is a two year part time course and I was wondering what is wrong here? is this an error such as SFE thinking its my final year? What are my options?

Hi there,

Have you changed any parts of your course? Like the intensity of it?

Thanks, Ross
Reply 2
Ive not changed anything myself but my course is a part time course where i am studying 40 this year and 80 the next year due to dissertation. I have not been informed of why it has changed and only found out by checking student finance.
Original post by BSFEAcc
Ive not changed anything myself but my course is a part time course where i am studying 40 this year and 80 the next year due to dissertation. I have not been informed of why it has changed and only found out by checking student finance.

Hi there,

I would advise to contact us directly so we can check the assessment. You can either, access the live chat on your online account or call 0300 100 0607.

Thanks, Ross
Reply 4
Ive just done this and they told me the intensity was adjusted from 50 to 33 but i was not informed at all. This now results in me not being able to pay rent due to my course running until end of may and me not having the time to get a job and get paid. What are my options?
Original post by BSFEAcc
Ive just done this and they told me the intensity was adjusted from 50 to 33 but i was not informed at all. This now results in me not being able to pay rent due to my course running until end of may and me not having the time to get a job and get paid. What are my options?

Hi there,

I would advise checking with your university regarding any other funding they may be able to offer you such as grants or any bursaries or if not, they may be able to advise alternative options for any other funding. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending