The Student Room Group

Can I skip A levels?

I finished my IGCSE's last year and I was wondering if there was a way to skip A Levels? I mean is there an *easier* alternative? Someone told me I could take SAT's but they seem to be more equivalent to IGCSE's so are they actually a alternative to A level? Pleas help
Reply 1
Original post by PhantasticGus
I finished my IGCSE's last year and I was wondering if there was a way to skip A Levels? I mean is there an *easier* alternative? Someone told me I could take SAT's but they seem to be more equivalent to IGCSE's so are they actually a alternative to A level? Pleas help

It all depends on the job you want! Yes there are equivalents like B-techs.

You can do other courses instead of a-levels. Such as betc's, diplomas etc. Look into local colleges to see what they offer.

The SAT is an admissions test for US colleges. It's not a qualification, and does not replace your 16-18 (or 16-19) education in your country (as even if applying to US colleges, they would expect you to have completed high school).

In the UK there are alternatives such as BTECs, T-Levels, and apprenticeships. These tend to be more vocational qualifications aimed at people planning to go into work after their school education, rather than to university to complete a degree (although it can be possible to do that as well after some of those).

In the UK you are required by law to be in full time education or training up until the age of 18, so you would necessarily need to go into one of those other alternatives if you live in the UK.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending