The Student Room Group

Failures

Ive been feeling very down lately and missed all of my classes plus I didn't even submit important assignments. Every thing seems over right now. I'm losing it. I don't have any friends there and I just know the lecturers despises me. I have no one to talk to. Any advice before it's too late?
Hi,
I know this probably seems like too straightforward of an answer, but I guess it's never too late to try have a fresh start. Take this with a pinch of salt as I don't know the details of your current situation, but if you feel able to speak to the teachers about your situation then it may be worth a try, most people would be quite understanding about it.

Also, have you tried talking to any SEN/AEN staff about it? That may help too.

Best wishes
Original post by AzureSkies101
Hi,
I know this probably seems like too straightforward of an answer, but I guess it's never too late to try have a fresh start. Take this with a pinch of salt as I don't know the details of your current situation, but if you feel able to speak to the teachers about your situation then it may be worth a try, most people would be quite understanding about it.
Also, have you tried talking to any SEN/AEN staff about it? That may help too.
Best wishes

Hey! Thanks a lot for replying back. I know you are right, but unfortunately, I'm from an island, and things are a lot different here. The standard of living is different, and mental health issues are still not talked about. I know that mental illness has become like some sort of trend now, especially on social media, where people just romanticized it . Don't think mental health problems are cool, but I just know that I'm losing it. I can feel it getting worse, and I have no one to talk to.
Original post by Jackie1333333
Hey! Thanks a lot for replying back. I know you are right, but unfortunately, I'm from an island, and things are a lot different here. The standard of living is different, and mental health issues are still not talked about. I know that mental illness has become like some sort of trend now, especially on social media, where people just romanticized it . Don't think mental health problems are cool, but I just know that I'm losing it. I can feel it getting worse, and I have no one to talk to.

People here are not that open-minded. The educational system sucks as well, and all of that does not help my condition. I wish there were more kind-hearted people .This world destroys you and mocks you for being destroyed . People here love to point out how fragile you are just to prove themselves stronger. It's like a competition here. Weak people are failures, and people just love to see others fail. But I think all this stems from the fact that people here still believe in that cast system thing. Seeing others miserable lives make they proud to know they have been "good people" in their past life . I tried my best but at this point I just wish I wasn't poor at that I could leave this *****y country.
People here are not that open-minded. The educational system sucks as well, and all of that does not help my condition. I wish there were more kind-hearted people .This world destroys you and mocks you for being destroyed . People here love to point out how fragile you are just to prove themselves stronger. It's like a competition here. Weak people are failures, and people just love to see others fail. But I think all this stems from the fact that people here still believe in that cast system thing. Seeing others miserable lives make they proud to know they have been "good people" in their past life . I tried my best but at this point I just wish I wasn't poor at that I could leave this *****y country.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I really hope someday things will get better for you, you got this.
I'm so sorry to hear that. I really hope someday things will get better for you, you got this.

Thank you so much! But I'm sorry I forgot to ask. And you? How's life? Are you OK?
Thank you so much! But I'm sorry I forgot to ask. And you? How's life? Are you OK?

Mhm, thanks for asking! By the way, if you ever need/want someone to talk to, please feel free to DM me anytime on TSR (I honestly don't know if my DMs are enabled or not but I hope so)

Have a great day
Mhm, thanks for asking! By the way, if you ever need/want someone to talk to, please feel free to DM me anytime on TSR (I honestly don't know if my DMs are enabled or not but I hope so)
Have a great day

Okay, I have checked, and my DMs don't work here for some reason... if you do want to talk further and in a much more efficient way than a public forum, I can try to think of something that'd work.
Okay, I have checked, and my DMs don't work here for some reason... if you do want to talk further and in a much more efficient way than a public forum, I can try to think of something that'd work.

Just wait a day and your DM's will work. It's because you've only just posted enough.
Original post by Admit-One
Just wait a day and your DM's will work. It's because you've only just posted enough.

Thank you!

Oh so you are kinda new here as well?
I'd love to have little talks with you! You seem to be such a nice person!
Oh so you are kinda new here as well?
I'd love to have little talks with you! You seem to be such a nice person!

Hi again, sent you a PM but I don't know if it even went through, hoping it did :/
Hi again, sent you a PM but I don't know if it even went through, hoping it did :/

Heyyy. I did receive it ! But for some reasons ,I can't reply back. Sucks!
Heyyy. I did receive it ! But for some reasons ,I can't reply back. Sucks!

OK! They say I should share at least 3 posts to be able to text people.
OK! They say I should share at least 3 posts to be able to text people.

I see, maybe try sharing them to a secondary account you have on a social media app? I sent the posts to my discord alt, for example

Honestly I couldn't work out if sharing posts meant writing or sharing via contacts but as you seem to have posted more than 3 it looks to be the latter

Best of luck!
I see, maybe try sharing them to a secondary account you have on a social media app? I sent the posts to my discord alt, for example
Honestly I couldn't work out if sharing posts meant writing or sharing via contacts but as you seem to have posted more than 3 it looks to be the latter
Best of luck!

I did! Shared 3 posts to my Instagram account. I'll be able to send messages as from tomorrow they say!
I did! Shared 3 posts to my Instagram account. I'll be able to send messages as from tomorrow they say!

Nicee!!
Nicee!!

Hey there! Hope you did receive my request 🥹

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending