The Student Room Group

Worries

I’ve been hearing a lot of stuff about nucleur war and WW3, will they happen? I’m just really scared and worried, I tend to do this a lot.
Original post by shaw.maisie
I’ve been hearing a lot of stuff about nucleur war and WW3, will they happen? I’m just really scared and worried, I tend to do this a lot.

No, they will not. There is no need to worry.

(And yes, I'm fully aware that the above will do nothing to allay your concerns. Not will anything anyone else says. If you "tend to do this a lot", you will worry no matter what.)
Reply 2
Thank you for your reply. I love to hear people opinions and this definitely helps. Have a nice day!
Reply 3

Not for a few years.

There appears to be a possibility of French/British/US troops being deployed to Ukraine post elections in order to take up defensive positions and substitute for Ukrainian forces in addition to Ukraine taking possession of F-16's.

Currently, Russia lacks the ability to enter the Baltics so no nuclear war.
Reply 4
There will be wars, but nothing global/nuclear. If it is disrupting your life/making you distressed speak to a professional immediately.
There will never be a nuclear war.
Speaking more generally, it sounds like you're quite prone to what is known as 'catastrophising', but luckily there are ways to stop your train of thought from spiralling like that.

You might find these articles/resources a helpful starting point:
https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20220725-catastrophising-how-toxic-thinking-can-lead-down-dark-path
https://www.masterclass.com/articles/how-to-stop-spiraling#1nD3HtdwDXBT0PoqDSZXUN
https://www.self.com/story/grounding-techniques-for-anxiety
Reply 6

If it reassures you we tried to launch two trident nuclear capable carrying missiles lately and they both failed. I imagine most launch systems are similarly inadequate so even if we did push the button chances are not much would happen.
Reply 7
Original post by hotpud
If it reassures you we tried to launch two trident nuclear capable carrying missiles lately and they both failed. I imagine most launch systems are similarly inadequate so even if we did push the button chances are not much would happen.

They were actually seperate issues however the US has tested successfully. In the event of war, i imagine they'd find a way to turn off some safeguards and get it going (apparently software detects a fault and then shuts off the whole thing because its a built in safety feature as opposed to not actually been able to fire it in theory - of course it still might not get there with a non specific fault that we will likely never know).

Thermobaric weapons of course now have a pretty big potential yield too and can be fired via conventional delivery systems.
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending