The Student Room Group

gyg - year 13 survival 🫡

helloooo!!

my name's milly :smile: not really sure how these threads are meant to be done because I'm not extremely familiar with them but I am in a dire revision situation and need to be held accountable so that I actually study 😁 forcibly putting myself on the path to academic weaponry 🫡
I really struggle with getting myself to do schoolwork but I need to secure an ABB offer so any tips would be much much appreciated!

subjects:
psychology (AQA)
media studies (AQA)
textiles (eduqas)

the main thing I'm struggling with right now is textiles, because my 40% exam is in just over a week and I've not done nearly as much work as I'm meant to have done because I've had such a creative block the past 2 months it is absolutely crazy. so any general tips for textiles would be much appreciated also!

my main goals right now are to actually revise! I'm going to aim for at least an hour of each subject per day, but ideally more :smile:
(edited 2 months ago)
I don't do any of the same subjects as you, but I wish you luck none the less! :lovedup:
Original post by milseo
helloooo!!
my name's milly :smile: not really sure how these threads are meant to be done because I'm not extremely familiar with them but I am in a dire revision situation and need to be held accountable so that I actually study 😁 forcibly putting myself on the path to academic weaponry 🫡
I really struggle with getting myself to do schoolwork but I need to secure an ABB offer so any tips would be much much appreciated!
subjects:
psychology (AQA)
media studies (AQA)
textiles (eduqas)
the main thing I'm struggling with right now is textiles, because my 40% exam is in just over a week and I've not done nearly as much work as I'm meant to have done because I've had such a creative block the past 2 months it is absolutely crazy. so any general tips for textiles would be much appreciated also!
my main goals right now are to actually revise! I'm going to aim for at least an hour of each subject per day, but ideally more :smile:

heya welcome to grow your grades! i am in year 13, also studying aqa psych? what are your optional topics? :biggrin:
Reply 3
heyyy quick update! went to the library yesterday and spent 3 hours making flashcards for research methods (and have somehow only nearly covered half the topic?!) and rewriting my social influence notes 😇 gonna work in my textiles sketchbook this afternoon and get some of that done!
also the flora app actually helps me so much! I know some people don't like it but it really helps me not being able to go on my phone while revising (which I am very prone to doing) and having like designated time work time and break time 😁
Reply 4
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I don't do any of the same subjects as you, but I wish you luck none the less! :lovedup:

hahaha that's fine thank you anyway! I also wish you the best with your studying :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by emm4nuella
heya welcome to grow your grades! i am in year 13, also studying aqa psych? what are your optional topics? :biggrin:
hiii thanks! my optional topics are gender, stress and aggression (which I think tie in together quite nicely?) - it's so bad that I had to double check which ones the optional topics were 😭
Original post by milseo
hahaha that's fine thank you anyway! I also wish you the best with your studying :smile:
Thank you!
Original post by milseo
hiii thanks! my optional topics are gender, stress and aggression (which I think tie in together quite nicely?) - it's so bad that I had to double check which ones the optional topics were 😭

aah instead of gender i do relationships :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by emm4nuella
aah instead of gender i do relationships :biggrin:

ahh not too different then! I kind of wish we did relationships instead because there's some things in gender I struggle to wrap my head around and it seems interesting but it seems like there'd be a lot of studies involved tbf :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending