The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 (Higher Tier triple) 8463/1H - 22nd May 2024 [Exam Chat]

AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 (Higher Tier separate science) 8463/1H - 22nd May 2024 [Exam Chat]
Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

This thread is for triple science and not combined science

General Information
Date/Time: 22nd May 2024 AM
Length: 1hr 45 mins

Resources
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/gcse/physics-8463

If you’re doing combined the the thread can be found here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7463297
This thread is for separate/single/triple science, not combined.
(edited 1 week ago)

Scroll to see replies

Any predictions?
How does everyone feel about being given the equation sheet?
Original post by agent_duck343
How does everyone feel about being given the equation sheet?

Are you being given it again this year (I mean the full version like in 2023)? Has it become a permanent thing to be given it?
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Talkative Toad
Are you being given it again this year? Has it become a permanent thing to be given it?

no, we're the last year because technically we are covid affected
Original post by hh1209
no, we're the last year because technically we are covid affected

That’s silly then, I think that the equation sheet needs to be a permanent thing.
Reply 6
That’s silly then, I think that the equation sheet needs to be a permanent thing.

not really cos at least 30% of the exam is maths and having the sheet will basically give free marks. still glad to have it tho
Original post by hh1209
not really cos at least 30% of the exam is maths and having the sheet will basically give free marks. still glad to have it tho

Ah I personally think that students should be given the full sheet rather than what I had to go through (I didn’t get the full equation sheet so I had to memorise some of the equations).
They weren't going to give it to us but then they changed their mind so now we are the last year to get it because our year 7 and 8 was affected by covid. Although because so much of it is maths it does mean that the grade boundaries are higher because more people get those calculation questions correct but I'm very pleased I don't have to memorise any equations jsut the units used
Ah I personally think that students should be given the full sheet rather than what I had to go through (I didn’t get the full equation sheet so I had to memorise some of the equations).

Ye I think it should become a permanent thing
Original post by agent_duck343
Ye I think it should become a permanent thing

Yeah, they’d need to remove any questions that ask you to write what the equation of a topic though e.g questions like: “write the equation to find the wavelength of a wave”, “write a valid equation to work out power” etc
AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 (Higher Tier separate science) 8463/1H - 22nd May 2024 [Exam Chat]
Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:
This thread is for triple science and not combined science
General Information
Date/Time: 22nd May 2024 AM
Length: 1hr 45 mins
Resources
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/gcse/physics-8463

Hey I need grade 8 or 9 in my exam
Original post by Hesara11
Hey I need grade 8 or 9 in my exam

dude me too. im taking maths further maths physics alevel
Original post by Sobbingsoobin
dude me too. im taking maths further maths physics alevel

Woah I’m taking chemistry , physics, maths and biology
Reply 14

maths physics computer science psychology
Original post by hh1209
maths physics computer science psychology

Cool

gosh that alot. i would have done that but i do not have the willpower. says the one whos taking further maths ik. but still, props to you
Original post by Sobbingsoobin
gosh that alot. i would have done that but i do not have the willpower. says the one whos taking further maths ik. but still, props to you

I'm doing maths, further maths, chemistry and physics. Apparently I have a death wish 😂
Original post by rperera01
I'm doing maths, further maths, chemistry and physics. Apparently I have a death wish 😂

one of my friends takes that already and its so much workload that her taking the bus to and from school effects her revision time, shes in yr 12 btw😢

same...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending