The Student Room Group

New Job

Hi! I’ve recently got a new job at greggs and I’ve been told that the pay for a 17 year old was £6.40 but my friend works at another greggs and gets paid £9.89 (or something close to that). Will anyone be able to explain why this is the case?
Original post by Deathologist150
Hi! I’ve recently got a new job at greggs and I’ve been told that the pay for a 17 year old was £6.40 but my friend works at another greggs and gets paid £9.89 (or something close to that). Will anyone be able to explain why this is the case?

Ive got the same role as this friend and we are both 17. But the thing thats throwing me off is that he said once i turn 18 I’ll be getting paid 10.60 an hour which is above minimum wage.
it could be because youre a new starter maybe? or if you work at different branches it could be up to branch managers but im not really sure?
Ive got the same role as this friend and we are both 17. But the thing thats throwing me off is that he said once i turn 18 I’ll be getting paid 10.60 an hour which is above minimum wage.

Follow up: Today was my first shift and it was absolutely dreadful, i had basically no support and was chucked doing everything by myself. I’ve never worked for greggs and they want me to work at least 30 hours per week when my contract states 16. I’m not sure if I should just quit.
Follow up: Today was my first shift and it was absolutely dreadful, i had basically no support and was chucked doing everything by myself. I’ve never worked for greggs and they want me to work at least 30 hours per week when my contract states 16. I’m not sure if I should just quit.

if it's part time i'm pretty sure you're only supposed to do 12 hrs so they definitely shouldn't be making you do 30
yeah 30 hours is wild
Reply 6

helllllll nahhhh u getting scammed my boy. im getting paid 9.86 at 17 , child labour at its finest🤣🤣🤣🤣
Reply 7
Omg that’s wild. When are you 18? I’ve just started a customer service job with RemFlex group. You do have to be 18 tho but it’s good you work from home and pick your own hours. I’m on £10ph which will go up in a few months. Idk if they’re still hiring but look on their website remflexgroup.co.uk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending