The Student Room Group

Could I start a hurt / heal game?

Not entirely sure if only certain people are allowed to start them, but even so I probably need to make more friends for it to work! Thinking of doing it on subjects for GCSE...
Original post by KitCat13
Not entirely sure if only certain people are allowed to start them, but even so I probably need to make more friends for it to work! Thinking of doing it on subjects for GCSE...

anyone can start one
Reply 2
Original post by Talkative Toad
anyone can start one

Do you have any suggestions as how best to run one? I'd like to start one up but don't know where to start, plus I'm not sure if it would even work in the first place...
Do you have any suggestions as how best to run one? I'd like to start one up but don't know where to start, plus I'm not sure if it would even work in the first place...

look at this thread as an example: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7359246

What subjects do you want to include?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 4
look at this thread as an example: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7359246
What subjects do you want to include?

Aah ok tysm!! I've had a quick glimpse of how to set it up, but will look even further in! I was thinking generally of like all the obvious ones, like maths, sciences, english etc. but then adding a few perhaps which quite a few people may have missed the opportunity for (e.g my school didn't do spanish GCSE but I found it quite interesting). Not entirely sure if it would work though 😅
Aah ok tysm!! I've had a quick glimpse of how to set it up, but will look even further in! I was thinking generally of like all the obvious ones, like maths, sciences, english etc. but then adding a few perhaps which quite a few people may have missed the opportunity for (e.g my school didn't do spanish GCSE but I found it quite interesting). Not entirely sure if it would work though 😅

you could do something like this:

GCSE Spanish- 20
GCSE Geography- 20
GCSE Mathematics- 20
etc (points don't have to be 20, it could also be school subjects in general without strictly being GCSE).
Reply 6
you could do something like this:
GCSE Spanish- 20
GCSE Geography- 20
GCSE Mathematics- 20
etc (points don't have to be 20, it could also be school subjects in general without strictly being GCSE).

Yeah that could work, how many as a max and min should I include? I guess if there's a low number I use larger points while a bigger number of them have smaller points each?
Yeah that could work, how many as a max and min should I include? I guess if there's a low number I use larger points while a bigger number of them have smaller points each?

Up to you.

Maybe list the GCSE subjects that you want to include then decide the points based on that (number).

Maybe 5 as a min then 20-25 as a max
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 8
Up to you.
Maybe list the GCSE subjects that you want to include then decide the points based on that (number).

Hmm very good idea. Alright I'm going to get some sleep and try set up a thread in the morning! Again tysmmmmmmm for the help and apologies for using up your time on such a trivial thing!!!
Hmm very good idea. Alright I'm going to get some sleep and try set up a thread in the morning! Again tysmmmmmmm for the help and apologies for using up your time on such a trivial thing!!!

No worries

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending