The Student Room Group

Rejection student finance England

Hey , I need some help , applied for student finance 24/25 and it was rejected for reason being I haven’t lived in the UK for the past three years , However I came to the uk on 20th January 2021 , being a dependant on my father ( family reunion visa) who was an asylum seeker . My BRP got issues in November 2021 , even though I came in January, it’s 2024 , meaning I have already made 3 years counting from when I came to UK , and I think my case was wrongly assessed as they based on the date on my BRP which came later . Am I eligible or not , please help me out
Reply 1
Hi I would call them and explain and ask for it to be reassessed with the new information you just provided 😊
Thread moved to the Ask SFE forum to get you a response.
Original post by EstherDesire
Hey , I need some help , applied for student finance 24/25 and it was rejected for reason being I haven’t lived in the UK for the past three years , However I came to the uk on 20th January 2021 , being a dependant on my father ( family reunion visa) who was an asylum seeker . My BRP got issues in November 2021 , even though I came in January, it’s 2024 , meaning I have already made 3 years counting from when I came to UK , and I think my case was wrongly assessed as they based on the date on my BRP which came later . Am I eligible or not , please help me out

Hi there,

If you want to call us on 0300 100 0607 or via the live chat in your account we can check this and further assist. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending