The Student Room Group

AQA Power and Conflict GCSE

can anyone tell me what poems have come up each year for power and conflict?
Thanks!
2017 bayonet charge
2018 ozymandias
2019 war photographer
2021 remains + london
2022 bayonet charge
2023 my last duchess
Original post by chocolemon08
2017 bayonet charge
2018 ozymandias
2019 war photographer
2021 remains + london
2022 bayonet charge
2023 my last duchess

Thanks!!
Reply 3
any ideas what could be on the paper this year? my english teacher thinks it will be a nature poem as one hasn’t come up in a few years!

any suggestions will be helpful, thanks!
Original post by klo.bxx
any ideas what could be on the paper this year? my english teacher thinks it will be a nature poem as one hasn’t come up in a few years!
I get the feeling it will be exposure!
Original post by Aviation747
I get the feeling it will be exposure!

exposure wld be amazing! its probably gonna be just our luck to get tissues or something this year :/
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 6
Original post by anonymousquokka
exposure wld be amazing! its probably gonna be just our luck to get tissues or something this year :/

probably, knowing our luck!
(edited 1 month ago)
definitely I really hope not, or I will be so annoyed if we get checking out me history
Reply 8
Original post by Aviation747
definitely I really hope not, or I will be so annoyed if we get checking out me history

i want kamikaze or poppies because they are really easy to compare and they are easier to pick things out of the text with those!
Original post by klo.bxx

nature is what's predicted so poems like exposure, storm on the island and prelude r what people r saying is gonna come up (i absolutely hate exposure i hope it's soti or prelude).

others r saying identity might come up so checking out me history (john agard also died this year so putting his poem on the exam might be a nice way to commemorate him lol) or the emigree. i doubt tissue would come up since the GCSE is supposed to be accessible for all students and tissue is a grade 9 poem (but i could be wrong since no one expected my last duchess to come up last year)

imo, these are the ones i personally don't think will come up:
my last duchess
bayonet charge
tissue
ozymandias
Reply 10
Original post by chocolemon08
nature is what's predicted so poems like exposure, storm on the island and prelude r what people r saying is gonna come up (i absolutely hate exposure i hope it's soti or prelude).
others r saying identity might come up so checking out me history (john agard also died this year so putting his poem on the exam might be a nice way to commemorate him lol) or the emigree. i doubt tissue would come up since the GCSE is supposed to be accessible for all students and tissue is a grade 9 poem (but i could be wrong since no one expected my last duchess to come up last year)
imo, these are the ones i personally don't think will come up:
my last duchess
bayonet charge
tissue
ozymandias

thank you this is really helpful! i personally would like poppies or kamizake to come up as they are easier to pull things out of and explain the context of!
i lost my poetry booklet with all my notes in!!!! does anyone have an online pdf or a lwebsite or something where i can find all the poems?? (the notes i can redo, its good revisioon anyway, but i desperately need the poems!)
Reply 12
Original post by klo.bxx
thank you this is really helpful! i personally would like poppies or kamizake to come up as they are easier to pull things out of and explain the context of!

https://www.tavistockcollege.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Power-Conflict-Poetry-Cluster.pdf

they have all of the power and conflict poems on from aqa!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending