The Student Room Group

TSR Study Together - STEM vs Humanities - Eighth Session

Scroll to see replies

Original post by raindropxox
Thanks, yes I have made some “vague” ones but I find that making big lists etc just makes me overwhelmed and then I don’t end up revising at all because I get too stressed 😂

Haha i get this def breaking it up rlly helps me
I have decided to go to the gym with my friend, as I was going to do this later but now she can’t do it later! When I come back I will be doing the biology paper. I did 2.1 and 2.2 biology revision just before this started so hopefully doing this will allow my knowledge to sink in… 😅
Original post by kayleigh_t.27
Ahh hello, I'm a bit late to the party haha, I just had a problem with my computer not wanting to sign me in 😭 I'll be back in a sec with my post of my goals for the session, I haven't had a chance to check what I still need to do 😂

Not at all. I posted the link 15-20 minutes before the session was supposed to start. One may say that I was slightly too early to the party. :rofl3:

I'm glad you managed to sign in in the end.
I have decided to go to the gym with my friend, as I was going to do this later but now she can’t do it later! When I come back I will be doing the biology paper. I did 2.1 and 2.2 biology revision just before this started so hopefully doing this will allow my knowledge to sink in… 😅

Good luck at the gym🤗 selfcareeee
Thanks, yes I have made some “vague” ones but I find that making big lists etc just makes me overwhelmed and then I don’t end up revising at all because I get too stressed 😂

Oh so do I. Whatever works for you. :yep:
Okay I'm back haha, here's my goals for the session:

Chapter 4 All Quiet flashcards

Fill in one Tudors revision themes grid

Study techniques for this session:

Using Forest to track how long I've been revising for and to stop me going on my phone whilst I'm working

Setting up a reward system - rewarding myself once I've finished my revision to give myself the dopamine hit we all crave - this for me today will be playing animal crossing 🙂

Good luck everyone, I hope this is a productive session for us all!
Kay :party:
Original post by 5hyl33n
Not at all. I posted the link 15-20 minutes before the session was supposed to start. One may say that I was slightly too early to the party. :rofl3:
I'm glad you managed to sign in in the end.

You were just keen haha 😂
Original post by 5hyl33n
:hi:

Sounds productive. I hope it goes well.

Thank you! Hope your portfolio work also goes well :smile:
Reply 28
Heya! Currently reviewing my maths past paper and gonna do some practice of the trapezium rule, locating roots and binomial expansion!

Using Forest to track how long I've been revising for and to stop me going on my phone whilst I'm working

Setting up a reward system - rewarding myself once I've finished my revision to give myself the dopamine hit we all crave - this for me today will be playing animal crossing 🙂

U got this Kay! Def worth setting up that reward system its a good motivator also love animal crossing sm
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by KitCat13
Heya! Currently reviewing my maths past paper and gonna do some practice of the trapezium rule, locating roots and binomial expansion!

Good luck! :biggrin:
Original post by 5hyl33n
What is your lab proforma write-up on? :smile:

Extracting lipids from biological serum and analysing them through MALDI-TOF mass spec

What's your portfolio on?
Original post by ebyrne2036
Ah good luck, what are you reading at the minute?

I have some poems to read and also a philosophy book. What are you reading?
(edited 2 months ago)

I love those study techniques. :yep:
Original post by penguingirl18
Thank you! Hope your portfolio work also goes well :smile:

Thank you. :smile:
Original post by penguingirl18
I have some poems to read and also a philosophy book. What are you reading?

Ohh nice on reading kicked out by A.M Dassu its p good so far
Original post by Raptor Jesus
Extracting lipids from biological serum and analysing them through MALDI-TOF mass spec

What's your portfolio on?

MALDI-TOF mass spec sounds interesting to work with. I've only heard about it through one of my modules.

It's a document of all the proforma's of the individual experiments we've done across the semester. Half of it is just analysing NMR and IR data of some other experiments. The other half is writing a results and discussions for some of the experiments. It shouldn't take too long to do, I just need to make sure I double check all the calculations. :smile:
i’m doing chemistry rn and i’m revising alcohols :smile:
Reply 38
Hi everyone :smile: I'll be making a poster about transport systems in plants for bio today :biggrin:
Original post by wkstudy
Hi everyone :smile: I'll be making a poster about transport systems in plants for bio today :biggrin:

Ohh fun hope u get it doneee

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending