The Student Room Group

Student finance

Has anyone else had an error message saying ‘sorry, there is an issue with our service’ when logging into the student finance portal
Original post by The student Dan
Has anyone else had an error message saying ‘sorry, there is an issue with our service’ when logging into the student finance portal

Hi there,

There has been some reports with issues logging in online. It is currently being investigated.

Thanks, Ross
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,
There has been some reports with issues logging in online. It is currently being investigated.
Thanks, Ross

That’s good to hear! I don’t suppose you have an estimate of when it will be sorted? I’m a bit stressed about getting it done in time
Hi there,

They have not gave us a timescale for this to be fixed. Are you still having issues logging into your online account?

Thanks, Drew
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,
They have not gave us a timescale for this to be fixed. Are you still having issues logging into your online account?
Thanks, Drew

Hi drew, yes I am still having problems with getting onto it. I’ve been trying for weeks but got no results and starting to panic about leaving it too long
Hi Dan,

Are you applying for a full time undergraduate course in the 2024/25 academic year? Will you be applying as a new or continuing student?

Thanks, Drew
Hi Dan,
Are you applying for a full time undergraduate course in the 2024/25 academic year? Will you be applying as a new or continuing student?
Thanks, Drew

Hi drew,
Yes I am applying for full time student in uk for 24/25
I am a new student going into first year
Hi Dan,

If the error persists then I would advise you to complete a paper PN1 form and this can then be posted back to us.

https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2425/ft/sfe_pn1_form_2425_o.pdf

Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

Thanks, Drew
Hi Dan,
If the error persists then I would advise you to complete a paper PN1 form and this can then be posted back to us.
https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2425/ft/sfe_pn1_form_2425_o.pdf
Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ
Thanks, Drew

Hi drew,
If I do the paper forms when the systems back online will I still be able to do the rest from online or will it restrict me to only paper
Hi drew,
If I do the paper forms when the systems back online will I still be able to do the rest from online or will it restrict me to only paper

If you do the paper application and send it by post we will override the online application so you would not need to do it online.

Thanks, Ross
If you do the paper application and send it by post we will override the online application so you would not need to do it online.
Thanks, Ross

Hi Ross, final question (I think) if I fill out the paper form will it show up online as if I did do it online or does doing it by paper mean it won’t sync with online (as in can I still check its progress online)
Hi Ross, final question (I think) if I fill out the paper form will it show up online as if I did do it online or does doing it by paper mean it won’t sync with online (as in can I still check its progress online)

Once we get the paper application it will be indexed and data entered, after this it will show up on your online account and you'll be able to track the process.

Thanks, Ross
Once we get the paper application it will be indexed and data entered, after this it will show up on your online account and you'll be able to track the process.
Thanks, Ross

Awesome, cheers for your help
Awesome, cheers for your help

You're welcome. Any further queries please let us know. Thanks, Ross
You're welcome. Any further queries please let us know. Thanks, Ross

i've just realised i can edit the PDF is it better to complete it on the computer and print it off and send it or email it somewhere or to fill it all out in pen and send it?
i've just realised i can edit the PDF is it better to complete it on the computer and print it off and send it or email it somewhere or to fill it all out in pen and send it?

The form can be edited as a PDF so you don't need to print it, once it's completed upload it online. Thanks, Ross
The form can be edited as a PDF so you don't need to print it, once it's completed upload it online. Thanks, Ross

It says we need to sign and date it in certain places, how do we sign it online?
Hi there. Please ignore the previous message, paper application's do need to be posted in, you can't upload paper PN1's online. You can fill most of it in online, but the terms and conditions do need to be physically singed in ink once your print it off. Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending