The Student Room Group

worth mentioning epq in kcl dentistry ps?

hello ! first post here. i’m y12 and at my school we can only do epq in y13 but personal statements and stuff will be due before that or at the very start of y13. if i was planning to make my epq dentistry
/science related, is it worth mentioning that in my personal statement despite not having actually started it yet ?
if i were to mention it i’d talk about how i’ve done a research project outside of my science subjects and am passionate etc etc
Reply 1
Original post by hiisucklol
hello ! first post here. i’m y12 and at my school we can only do epq in y13 but personal statements and stuff will be due before that or at the very start of y13. if i was planning to make my epq dentistry
/science related, is it worth mentioning that in my personal statement despite not having actually started it yet ?
if i were to mention it i’d talk about how i’ve done a research project outside of my science subjects and am passionate etc etc

The dentistry deadline on UCAS this year is the October 15th. If you start your EPQ in the summer or in September and submit you application closer to the deadline, as long as it is relevant to dentistry and you have space to talk about it, I would mention it. If it is not related to a specific topic in dentistry, I wouldn't bother, as it's unlikely that you'll have space alongside your other academics listed in your personal statement.
Definitely talk about your EPQ if its related to the course you are applying to. I would dedicate at least a paragraph to it
Reply 3
Although you might be writing it up and submitting it in Y13, I would expect the proposal, planning and the bulk of the research to be done over the summer? I would not recommend leaving it all to y13, even if your schools lets you do that. Like others have said, you should include it in you application, especially if on a relevant topic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending