The Student Room Group

my friend's stupid relationship issues (vent)

so my friend has been in a situationship for almost a year with the most irritating and pathetic guy and she always comes up with new random inconsequential stuff to tell our friendgroup about and we have to pretend we care.
idk how the two got so close since they haven't even had sex, kissed much or gone on dates to my knowledge . they basically just call eachother and text exclusively outside of school and she acts like a **** about it.
i love my friend very much but whenever she brings up this guy i want to blow my brains out. he's literally so embarrassing he's one of those guys that's obsessed with rappers and thinks he's cool and hard.
the stories she tells us about their relationship are probably 90% made up because she keeps going on about him cheating on her and screwing ten other girls but it comes off as a pathetic lie because he's really sad and pitiful (or maybe i'm just a hater).
every couple of weeks she'll make this ******** speech to us all saying that she has self respect and she won't speak about him anymore but within two days she will literally start it all up over again. the thing is she's a really funny and kind girl when not on about all this but this aspect of our relationship genuinely rots my braincells everytime i hear her yapping about it

since i met her after she met him i genuinely don't know what she was talking about 90% of the time before he was in her life
I'm obviously not sure how old you are but this is pretty much adulthood, you realise some of your friends you are friends with because you have been friends with them for a long time, sometimes from school. When you reflect on the adult versions.

Anyway, there's a vacuossness to other peoples lives that some without reflective capability dont realise how uninteresting they are.

These people take photos of meals for instagram.

if you love your friend very much and think she is making up stories, it doesnt sound long before you wont be friends. She? may see the light eventually and if you love her, you'll be there, but forcing it wont achieve much
Original post by wanga_wanga
I'm obviously not sure how old you are but this is pretty much adulthood, you realise some of your friends you are friends with because you have been friends with them for a long time, sometimes from school. When you reflect on the adult versions.
Anyway, there's a vacuossness to other peoples lives that some without reflective capability dont realise how uninteresting they are.
These people take photos of meals for instagram.
if you love your friend very much and think she is making up stories, it doesnt sound long before you wont be friends. She? may see the light eventually and if you love her, you'll be there, but forcing it wont achieve much

agreed but what's the problem with taking pictures of food for instagram?

Quick Reply