The Student Room Group

I am lost please advice me

I am currently a senior in high school and need to make a decision about where I should go for UNI:
Some background: I am looking for an easier way to get to work in software engineering and apply for country citizenship.
Please help me choose!!
In the US, I was offered a full scholarship at Methodist University to study a BS in computer science.
In the UK, I got 5 conditional offers, Uni of chester, Uni of roehampton, Liverpool Hope Uni, University of Bedfordshire, York St John University. I choosed this unies could they had the lowest fees. ( My family will need to sell our current house in order to afford this option... is it worth it?) All these offers also include a placement year that I hope could help with my CV and getting a job after graduation and hopefully staying in the UK.
In Qatar, I am currently still waiting for uni decisions as they come late, any info would be so much appreciated.
If you were in my shoes. what would you choose?
Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by minale2005
I am currently a senior in high school and need to make a decision about where I should go for UNI:
Some background: I am looking for an easier way to get to work in software engineering and apply for country citizenship.
Please help me choose!!
In the US, I was offered a full scholarship at Methodist University to study a BS in computer science.
In the UK, I got 5 conditional offers, Uni of chester, Uni of roehampton, Liverpool Hope Uni, University of Bedfordshire, York St John University. I choosed this unies could they had the lowest fees. ( My family will need to sell our current house in order to afford this option... is it worth it?) All these offers also include a placement year that I hope could help with my CV and getting a job after graduation and hopefully staying in the UK.
In Qatar, I am currently still waiting for uni decisions as they come late, any info would be so much appreciated.
If you were in my shoes. what would you choose?
Thank you!

US Schools also carry the level of prestige Uk schools have. I would suggets picking the US uni because it is a full ride scholarship. I do not think it's fair to ask your parents to sell their house to afford your school fees.

In term of gathering experience...I'm sure many firms will allow you to intern/ do work experience there. Do some research.

Congrats on your scholarship💙

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending