The Student Room Group

What are the best places online for maths revision and why?

Hi everyone :hi:

I thought it might be useful to have a thread for sharing maths revisions resources - there's tons of stuff online so it'd be good to get your tips for the best places for maths revision and why you love them :u:

Let us know in the comments!
Reply 1
hello! this is such a great idea! 😊 personally i use:

savemyexams (for notes and to ensure that i know everything on the syllabus because literally everything is there)

dynamicpapers.com (for past papers. there are tons on this site!)

the gcse maths tutor on youtube (if savemyexams videos don’t make sense, go here. he is literally amazing and also has a newsletter which i signed up for! in his newsletter he gives us motivation, tips and even mini tests to test our knowledge)

chatgpt (you can use this for solutions and step by step working out however, there are limitations to this as it can only work for written questions)

Reply 2
PMT great for topic questions

Any welsh/WJEC students mathemateg.com has practically everything (notes topic questions syllabus past paper)

TL Maths had great videos especially for Further Maths Pure (he has videos for Pure too)
Reply 3
Original post by raymiae
hello! this is such a great idea! 😊 personally i use:

savemyexams (for notes and to ensure that i know everything on the syllabus because literally everything is there)

dynamicpapers.com (for past papers. there are tons on this site!)

the gcse maths tutor on youtube (if savemyexams videos don’t make sense, go here. he is literally amazing and also has a newsletter which i signed up for! in his newsletter he gives us motivation, tips and even mini tests to test our knowledge)

chatgpt (you can use this for solutions and step by step working out however, there are limitations to this as it can only work for written questions)

While no maths question/solution bank is error free, using chatgpt to give good maths solutions should have a large "use with caution" sticker applied to it. The solutions can be very verbose (not good if the question is a few marks) and often contain simple typo mistakes which are hard to pick up in the "noise" that surrounds them. There are a few recent chatgpt replies on here which are usually associated with trying to promote an essay mill at the end. They sound convincing but contain maths errors/miss the point of the question.
Original post by Pwca
Hi everyone :hi:
I thought it might be useful to have a thread for sharing maths revisions resources - there's tons of stuff online so it'd be good to get your tips for the best places for maths revision and why you love them :u:
Let us know in the comments!

the best place for maths revision is mathsgenie always, because it has exam style questions for each topic. there are also model solutions for every past paper for edexcel. this helps me to reduce any errors in my working and methods, in order to get the best marks.

Quick Reply

Latest