The Student Room Group

AS level further maths modules

Hi, I am currently in yr11 choosing my yr12-13 options and i would like to pick AS further maths. just for some context, i would like to go into engineering/computer science and i think AS further maths would help my application for uni. I understand it isn’t necessary but id prefer to do it.

My options: maths, physics, computer science and AS further maths

Should i do further mechanics or further decision? (M1 or D1)? Which one out of the two is easier and will I find either module easier due to my other subjects? Is it better to do a certain one? And does it matter which one is pick?
Original post by fallxcy
Hi, I am currently in yr11 choosing my yr12-13 options and i would like to pick AS further maths. just for some context, i would like to go into engineering/computer science and i think AS further maths would help my application for uni. I understand it isn’t necessary but id prefer to do it.
My options: maths, physics, computer science and AS further maths
Should i do further mechanics or further decision? (M1 or D1)? Which one out of the two is easier and will I find either module easier due to my other subjects? Is it better to do a certain one? And does it matter which one is pick?

I did AS further maths last year, however we didnt get to choose our modules the college decided it for us. However if you do get to choose thats great. Both decision and mechanics link to your subjects (physics-mechanics and computer science- decision). I really enjoyed decision it was something a little easier- its like little puzzles not actual maths its quite hard to explain. And mechanics is mechanics I think it will be exactly the same as physics. Its up to you makes no difference in the long run.

Quick Reply