The Student Room Group

Best Paid Part Time Jobs?

Hi, I'm 19 and currently doing a foundation course in art and design. My family are really struggling financially (I'm sure many people relate) so I want to get a part time job or something because whilst I am earning a little cash from commissions, I could really do with a more consistent income. Especially since I'm heading off to uni soon.

Are there any places you'd recommend I apply to - for example, I've heard restaurants are good because you receive tips? And are there any better ways of earning money as a student than a regular 9-5 job... Pls don't suggest crypto though...
Are you a decent swimmer? If so an option is maybe look at lifeguarding? It might not be the best immediate option as you need to do an NPLQ course which a) depending on if you can find a sponsored free one may cost money and b) takes a week. However if you can get through that the pay is really good (I'm on around13 an hour which goes up to 15 for weekend shifts) and there's the option to become a swim teacher too after. My centre offers either a full time job each week but also a 'casual' where we can book onto as little or as many available hours as we want.
It's also very transferrable to university as most of them have their own pools which you can look to work for.
Reply 3
Original post by RedSWH
Hi, I'm 19 and currently doing a foundation course in art and design. My family are really struggling financially (I'm sure many people relate) so I want to get a part time job or something because whilst I am earning a little cash from commissions, I could really do with a more consistent income. Especially since I'm heading off to uni soon.
Are there any places you'd recommend I apply to - for example, I've heard restaurants are good because you receive tips? And are there any better ways of earning money as a student than a regular 9-5 job... Pls don't suggest crypto though...

What kind of art and design? Are you able to design logos, icons, tattoos or brochures? You might be able to register to sell services on freelance platforms such as fiverr.com and earn some money that way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending