The Student Room Group

A level bio

Anyone got good methods revision!!
Reply 1
Been a while since I did A-Level's lol but this is what I did to get what I needed for uni:

β€’

Flashcards for all the key content

β€’

Dual-coding (diagrams w. associated text) for processes like transcription, translation, Krebs

β€’

Free recall/blurting once I'd practiced with the flashcards to check what I remembered

β€’

Practice questions. so many practice questions πŸ˜… I think between class work and my own practice, I did every single past paper question in existence for the new spec πŸ˜‚ this is especially important if you have to do the essay in paper 3 (though on that, I would say do not worry about the 'extra reading' they mention, I didn't bother and you can still get a really decent grade without it!)

β€’

Revision videos - might vary on spec but I highly recommend Miss Estruch Biology on YouTube, legitimately saved me on one of my exams because not only does she go through the content but also practice exam questions and how to answer them (watched one on a practical we hadn't covered in class legit 5 mins before my exam, lo and behold that question came up and I wouldn't have known how to answer it otherwise 🀣)

Hope this helps, and happy to answer any other questions you have! :smile:
Original post by cyberhex
Been a while since I did A-Level's lol but this is what I did to get what I needed for uni:

β€’

β€’

Dual-coding (diagrams w. associated text) for processes like transcription, translation, Krebs

β€’

Free recall/blurting once I'd practiced with the flashcards to check what I remembered

β€’

Practice questions. so many practice questions πŸ˜… I think between class work and my own practice, I did every single past paper question in existence for the new spec πŸ˜‚ this is especially important if you have to do the essay in paper 3 (though on that, I would say do not worry about the 'extra reading' they mention, I didn't bother and you can still get a really decent grade without it!)

β€’

Revision videos - might vary on spec but I highly recommend Miss Estruch Biology on YouTube, legitimately saved me on one of my exams because not only does she go through the content but also practice exam questions and how to answer them (watched one on a practical we hadn't covered in class legit 5 mins before my exam, lo and behold that question came up and I wouldn't have known how to answer it otherwise 🀣)

I love these tips!
I'm at a grade D/C for biology. How do you think I could improve to get a C or B
Original post by cyberhex

β€’

β€’

β€’

β€’

β€’

I love these tips!
I'm at a grade D/C for biology. How do you think I could improve to get a C or B? I would love an A too lol.
I love these tips!
I'm at a grade D/C for biology. How do you think I could improve to get a C or B? I would love an A too lol.
I love these tips!

Quick Reply