The Student Room Group

Westminster 16+ help 2025 entry

Hey guys,
I’m going to apply to Westminster at sixth form for 2025 entry later this year for econ, history, maths, and philosophy. I am particularly worried about the maths test; I am not *that* good at maths, but I’m planning on working on it a lot before the exam. Any information about the maths (or any other) paper would be very helpful. For the maths specifically, is it comparable in difficulty to the IMC or SMC or the challenge papers? Also, feel free to comment if you’re also taking the exam this year as well.
Original post by Hirschman
Hey guys,
I’m going to apply to Westminster at sixth form for 2025 entry later this year for econ, history, maths, and philosophy. I am particularly worried about the maths test; I am not *that* good at maths, but I’m planning on working on it a lot before the exam. Any information about the maths (or any other) paper would be very helpful. For the maths specifically, is it comparable in difficulty to the IMC or SMC or the challenge papers? Also, feel free to comment if you’re also taking the exam this year as well.

Heyy, I’m a currently student taking maths ( and bio chem french). The exam was more time pressured than it was difficult. Being confident with all the basics and formulae of each topic could be quite useful, doing imc papers can be useful but if it is a far stretch then forget about it. Im sure your maths is better than what you have described here and being good at other exams will compensate for your maths as well.
Reply 2
Original post by bjecdfh auh
Heyy, I’m a currently student taking maths ( and bio chem french). The exam was more time pressured than it was difficult. Being confident with all the basics and formulae of each topic could be quite useful, doing imc papers can be useful but if it is a far stretch then forget about it. Im sure your maths is better than what you have described here and being good at other exams will compensate for your maths as well.

This is super helpful; do you have any other advice for the maths test in terms of specific topics/resources I could use? For instance, if I can get full marks on IMC am I good, and if so is that what I should be focusing on?
Reply 3
Original post by bjecdfh auh

Hii, I might also apply for westminister 2025 entry and I was wondering what the French exam was like and what to revise for the exam if there's any way of preparing for them 😭. thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending