The Student Room Group

A level choices - sciences

Hi, i am in year 11 (doing a levels in September) and i have some doubt about my choices and if they would make it harder to find a uni course in the future.

I have picked biology, geography and psychology and i want to go into bio/environmental work. I know most places want chemistry as well so do you think it would be a mistake not taking it (instead of psychology). I am alright at chemistry but its not my favourite subject.
Reply 1
Having two sciences is a safe bet, however there are some great unis that accept psychology and geography as part of their entry requirements for both biology and environmental science degrees. Yes, there may be some unis that require two sciences (and don't class geography or psychology in that), but from what I have seen, there are a lot of courses where you'd meet the entry requirements. : )
Original post by stressed avocado
Hi, i am in year 11 (doing a levels in September) and i have some doubt about my choices and if they would make it harder to find a uni course in the future.
I have picked biology, geography and psychology and i want to go into bio/environmental work. I know most places want chemistry as well so do you think it would be a mistake not taking it (instead of psychology). I am alright at chemistry but its not my favourite subject.

I dont think they would want chemistry for a biology subject - its only like subjects like biomedical/ biochemistry that requires chemistry
Original post by simxne_
Having two sciences is a safe bet, however there are some great unis that accept psychology and geography as part of their entry requirements for both biology and environmental science degrees. Yes, there may be some unis that require two sciences (and don't class geography or psychology in that), but from what I have seen, there are a lot of courses where you'd meet the entry requirements. : )

Thank you for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending