The Student Room Group

Can I still pass my computer science a level if I mess up my coursework? (OCR)

I'm fairly confident on passing my written exams in computer science, however due to some personal issues I messed up my coursework really badly. I'll be surprised if I even get an E from it. Would I still be able to pass if I do well on my written exams?
Yh defo mate. The project is worth 70 marks which is roughly one grade boundary (give or take) so it would be really beneficial if you bang out a couple all nighters and try and gain as many marks as possible. If you go on the OCR website you can find some good examples of ones which gained high marks and copy their format. But it is definitely still possible to pass you would just need to essentially 'make up' the marks you have missed.
One thing I would say tho is that even if you have not actually coded anything good you can still gain lots of marks with the write up. My actual coding is shocking but my write up has gained me tons of marks.

Good luck
Reply 2
Original post by abominable-undre
Yh defo mate. The project is worth 70 marks which is roughly one grade boundary (give or take) so it would be really beneficial if you bang out a couple all nighters and try and gain as many marks as possible. If you go on the OCR website you can find some good examples of ones which gained high marks and copy their format. But it is definitely still possible to pass you would just need to essentially 'make up' the marks you have missed.
One thing I would say tho is that even if you have not actually coded anything good you can still gain lots of marks with the write up. My actual coding is shocking but my write up has gained me tons of marks.
Good luck

Thank you so much! It's due today at 5 so I'll definitely focus on my writing and just cut my losses with my coding!
Original post by teobot
Thank you so much! It's due today at 5 so I'll definitely focus on my writing and just cut my losses with my coding!

No worries mate - hope it goes well! Because you do cut your losses with coding try to talk about that in the evaluation a little bit speaking about "due to time constraints" you couldnt but in future development you would improve this...
The evaluation is worth 15 odd marks I think so it could be really beneficial :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest