The Student Room Group

nuffield 2024 research placement

Hi, I've applied to a nuffield research placement for computing, engineering/manufactoring, maths and physics and I've been shortlisted. Has anyone had any placement matching yet and does being shortlisted just mean my application is valid?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by 63737
Hi, I've applied to a nuffield research placement for computing, engineering/manufactoring, maths and physics and I've been shortlisted. Has anyone had any placement matching yet and does being shortlisted just mean my application is valid?

Yeah, don’t worry I’ve been shortlisted to-in my email they said they would get back to us after the Easter holidays about “their online skills course and matching process”
Reply 3
Original post by smiling-ambiguit
Yeah, don’t worry I’ve been shortlisted to-in my email they said they would get back to us after the Easter holidays about “their online skills course and matching process”

Thanks, what did you apply for?
Original post by 63737
Thanks, what did you apply for?

I can’t quite remember now but I think I applied for something on the lines of Engineering or computer science what about you?
Reply 5
I can’t quite remember now but I think I applied for something on the lines of Engineering or computer science what about you?

Yeah I think the same and then maths and physics too
Reply 6
Original post by 63737

Hiya, how long ago did you send your application? I haven’t received any email yet :frown:
Original post by el_fante
Hiya, how long ago did you send your application? I haven’t received any email yet :frown:

If my response helps, I (technically) finished my application after the deadline as everything but my teacher reference was sent through, and I got a shortlist email just yesterday evening
Original post by skjjdhufjl
If my response helps, I (technically) finished my application after the deadline as everything but my teacher reference was sent through, and I got a shortlist email just yesterday evening

I’ve just been given a preparation course to do online as well as a placement have you guys?
I’ve just been given a preparation course to do online as well as a placement have you guys?

Yeah I have ! I’ve only just skimmed through the website though so I haven’t started anything. I didn’t get a placement though. What’s yours in?
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Reply 10

Ah nicee I got the preparation course too, but not a placement so far

Quick Reply

Latest