The Student Room Group

Student finance

Hello. I had a problem with my student finance application. I received an email that documents are missing.
CONTRACT - missing signature and how many hours a week I work or should work.
PAYSLIPS - I must have payslips for the last 3 months. That means 16 payslips.
BUT I only have 3 payslips, one each month. I am paid weekly. The reason why I have few payslips is that there was no work and the agency did not need people for work.
So I uploaded the contract in account of the student finance and it contains everything that was missing, the signature and how many hours I work a week, or how many hours a week should be worked.That should be fine.
But what about Payslips? If it is stated in the contract that it is a temporary job and I receive shifts according to the agency if they need people for work is it fine and does the finance student understand why I have few payslips? Thank you .
Hi there. If your contract states that your working hours will vary, then you will need to upload a cover letter explaining you only have 3 payslips due to not having any shifts for the Migrant Worker department, and they will review this. Please provide all payslips you have received in the last 3 months. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. If your contract states that your working hours will vary, then you will need to upload a cover letter explaining you only have 3 payslips due to not having any shifts for the Migrant Worker department, and they will review this. Please provide all payslips you have received in the last 3 months. Thanks, Leah.

Thank you. And if they may ask me to send further evidence of my continued employment and I'm still employed, but I don't have any shifts because they're not busy how do i prove it ? Thank you
Reply 3
Original post by Leah SLC

This situation really stresses me out because there are no jobs in the city where I live. I am personally employed, but I don't have any shifts because they are not busy. I would still be interested how it is processed, because I also receive a Universal credit
It would be a letter to the Migrant Worker team again explaining this. They do need to review this, because if there are continuous periods of no work then this can affect your entitlement. Thanks, Leah.

Quick Reply