The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

I don’t know what to do about my law degree. I’m so worried.

hi all,
I'm just finishing my first year at the OU. I have accepted an offer for a brick university near me.
I don't know if it's the right choice. I love the flexibility of the OU which was the main appeal, but I struggle so much to essentially teach myself the content. It is not my learning style.

I would graduate with around £19k debt with the OU compared to £65k for a brick university. I also will have difficulties working around a brick university due to commuting and lecture times.
I love the OU but cannot handle the learning style. I need to be in a classroom learning, but I need the flexibility.

Are job prospects for the OU the same as graduating from a brick uni? Should I just try even harder to make it work? I've been getting very good essay scores. Please help I'm so stuck
Reply 1
If you are looking to maintaining more flexibility whilst attending a more traditional university, it may be worth looking at Birkbeck College, University of London. They tend to cater to students who have family/working commitments. Nowadays, it is not important where you graduated from. I would focus more on getting a decent grade, and thinking about how your degree will facilitate gaining access to internships and work experience following your graduation.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Quick Reply

Latest