The Student Room Group

Osmosis

Can you refer to osmosis as high to low water potential in GCSE AQA
Original post by Nekros
Can you refer to osmosis as high to low water potential in GCSE AQA

Hi @Nekros,

Although there is nothing wrong with that statement on it's own, I think it's important to include keywords such as "partially permeable membrane". Just to be safe in an exam it could be helpful to memorise a more well rounded definition of Osmosis: the diffusion of water across a partially permeable membrane from a dilute solution (high water potential) to a concentrated solution (low water potential).

Hope this helps,
Danish
BCU Student Rep
Reply 2
"the movement of water molecules through a semi-permeable membrane from an area of high concentration to low concentration" - osmosis

I would word it like this as I done Biology GCSE AQA and they can be picky with certain words
Reply 3
Original post by Zjzc
"the movement of water molecules through a semi-permeable membrane from an area of high concentration to low concentration" - osmosis
I would word it like this as I done Biology GCSE AQA and they can be picky with certain words

thank you
Reply 4
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @Nekros,
Although there is nothing wrong with that statement on it's own, I think it's important to include keywords such as "partially permeable membrane". Just to be safe in an exam it could be helpful to memorise a more well rounded definition of Osmosis: the diffusion of water across a partially permeable membrane from a dilute solution (high water potential) to a concentrated solution (low water potential).
Hope this helps,
Danish
BCU Student Rep

thank you

Quick Reply

Latest