The Student Room Group

I could never fully decide what EPQ question to do until the last minute

I have a million new ideas for my EPQ all the time and iv chosen and comitted to one now (finally) and now i think i hate it! :afraid:

my question is: How does the media generate success from an inherently misogynistic coverage of women at times of scandal? ౨ৎ

(the bow is not included i just put it there, im just a girl)

ANYWAY, do i just drop thw whole thing and do one of my better ideas, or is this one ok
Reply 1
Original post by ameliegrant
I have a million new ideas for my EPQ all the time and iv chosen and comitted to one now (finally) and now i think i hate it! :afraid:
my question is: How does the media generate success from an inherently misogynistic coverage of women at times of scandal? ౨ৎ
(the bow is not included i just put it there, im just a girl)
ANYWAY, do i just drop thw whole thing and do one of my better ideas, or is this one ok

Hey this is probably not helpful at all (im also just a girl) but that topic sounds really interesting and im not even doing epq x
hey amelie
sounds like a really interesting question to me. I did the EPQ this year and wish I knew a few things before starting. your question choice is not actually super important, nor is your dissertation - I guarantee that you could choose the most awful question you can think of and still manage to get an A* with the correct approach. the EPQ is a test of reflective, evaluative, and presentation skills more than anything else. your dissertation may only be a few pages long, but I guarantee you'll end up with a folder full to the brim of mind maps and research by the end of the course.
EPQ is doable at the last minute but don't let it get to that point. look at exemplars and mark schemes online and look at what the exam board wants to see. if you hit these criteria you'll get top marks even with the most boring topic (that said, yours sound super interesting and I think there's lots to look at there, with room for an engaging and satisfying conclusion).
best of luck and let me know if you have any questions
Joseph
Reply 3
Original post by nootie6
Hey this is probably not helpful at all (im also just a girl) but that topic sounds really interesting and im not even doing epq x

thank you so much 😚
Reply 4
Original post by jjjjjjosep
hey amelie
sounds like a really interesting question to me. I did the EPQ this year and wish I knew a few things before starting. your question choice is not actually super important, nor is your dissertation - I guarantee that you could choose the most awful question you can think of and still manage to get an A* with the correct approach. the EPQ is a test of reflective, evaluative, and presentation skills more than anything else. your dissertation may only be a few pages long, but I guarantee you'll end up with a folder full to the brim of mind maps and research by the end of the course.
EPQ is doable at the last minute but don't let it get to that point. look at exemplars and mark schemes online and look at what the exam board wants to see. if you hit these criteria you'll get top marks even with the most boring topic (that said, yours sound super interesting and I think there's lots to look at there, with room for an engaging and satisfying conclusion).
best of luck and let me know if you have any questions
Joseph

thanks so much thats incredibly helpful, thanks for taking the time to write that. i'll definitely have a look at mark scheme and exemplars and thanks again, i feel a lot more confident now x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending