The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Summer School

Hi, so I got offered a place for summer school at the University of Nottingham. But my parents won't let me go because none of my friends are going and it's really far (we live in London). I don't know what to do anymore - shall I decline the offer then?? All my classmates and teachers were talking about how helpful it would be for my UCAS application....
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, so I got offered a place for summer school at the University of Nottingham. But my parents won't let me go because none of my friends are going and it's really far (we live in London). I don't know what to do anymore - shall I decline the offer then?? All my classmates and teachers were talking about how helpful it would be for my UCAS application....

I would definitely try your best to go! I did a similar course and really enjoyed it and it definitely boosted my UCAS application. You could try and connect with people beforehand or talk to the people running it so that they can contact your parents via phonecall? Some summer schools help with accommodation for a family member to be close by or for travel.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous

what week are you going?? as i'll be there in july
Reply 3
Original post by marsoo
2nd week of July I think

ohh im 1st week for criminolgy. whatcourse you doing??
Reply 4
Original post by _demz_22
ohh im 1st week for criminolgy. whatcourse you doing??

Architecture and engineering :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending