The Student Room Group

Driving test

I have my driving test next week, I’ve had 32 hours of lessons and at least around 20 private; I feel confident driving however worried about parallel parking. I’m taking the test in my own car, has anyone got any tips for the test and how to ease my nerves.
Reply 1
Original post by calm-snake
I have my driving test next week, I’ve had 32 hours of lessons and at least around 20 private; I feel confident driving however worried about parallel parking. I’m taking the test in my own car, has anyone got any tips for the test and how to ease my nerves.

Good luck. Make sure you check your mirrors a lot and try explaining out loud what you're doing (eg 'i'm going to stop here to let this car going in the opposite direction past', 'i can't see round this bend so i'm not going to overtake this cyclist just yet' etc etc). that way examiner won't mistake justifiably cautious driving for undue hesitation.

Also obviously try and find a spot to practice parallel parking, im sure there will be some side road or something near you that you can use
Go and practice it with your car and keep checking mirrors when doing so.
Original post by calm-snake

Hi!

Go into your test with a pass already, and make sure you don’t do anything to let them take that away from you. Eat something for breakfast, avoid excessive caffeine and make safe decisions.

What concerns you about the parallel park?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending